Digital dash I started working on

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby New2Scoobs » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:35 am

Neutronium.

Curiously it says the following;
java version "1.3.1_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_01), mixed mode)

neutronium wrote:Yes, that's the right version. Did you have a previous version of java installed previously? Do this:

Bring up a command prompt (Start>run>cmd) and type: Java -version
Tell me what it says.
New2Scoobs

Postby neutronium » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:22 pm

Yeah, I figured it was a problem with your java path. Browse to C:\program files\java\ and you should see more than one version of java. If 1.5.0_05 is there than for some reason windows is picking the wrong version. If it's not there try reinstalling.

If there was a 1.5.0_05 folder than you'll have to point windows to it. If you're running XP, right-click on my computer and go to properties. Click on the advanced tab and then environment variables. You'll need to edit the path variable. Assuming java isn't already in the path, add a semicolon to the end followed by your java bin path. Probably like this:

;C:\Program Files\java\jre1.5.0_05\bin

If java is already in the path simply edit it to right version. If you're running 95/98 you can edit the path in your autoexec.bat.

Alternatively you can just edit the java command in my .cmd script to point directly to your java exe. So on the last command simply change Java to "C:\Program Files\java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\java.exe".
neutronium

Postby New2Scoobs » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:31 am

That fixed it. My PATH was pointing to another version of Java that I didn't even know I had on my laptop.

I'll do some testing.
New2Scoobs

Postby neutronium » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:55 pm

Update in first post. Let me know what you guys think.
neutronium

Postby megafrenzy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:25 pm

not working
Attachments
hs_err_pid2676.rar
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
megafrenzy

Postby neutronium » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:40 pm

Hmm, strange. I've tested it on both my computers and I know some guys on NASIOC had it running. Will it just not start at all? Does it say anything in the console? I'll do some testing tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.
neutronium

Postby megafrenzy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:07 pm

Sometimes it starts, loads the background image and the data is not refreshed.

Othertimes it simply disappears.
megafrenzy

Postby neutronium » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Well, I tested it on other computers and can't reproduce the problem. From your log it seems to be a access confilct with some other program or library. I know video drivers sometime cause these errors so see if there's an update for yours. Also try running the program by itself without any other programs running. If none of that works try running the TestMonitor instead of the SSPMonitor and let me know if that works. Sorry but that's about all the help I can offer.
neutronium

Postby cdvma » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:45 am

This is one of the hells I went through with Java. You have to distribute it with its own executables and paths to make it basically bulletproof. By asking people to setup Java and RXTX ect the program would work for most people but fail for others and I didn't have the hours to help someone remotely figure it out why a free program with no guarantee wasn't working. Multiple JVM versions, SDK/JRE, path errors man the list goes on.
cdvma

Postby neutronium » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Wow, well I've had a crazy time the past month or so and I've had virtually no time to work on this.

Don't know if anyone still cares but I should have time to finish up some things I've added and release something in the next few days. This release will be pretty much completely skinnable and will support most, if not all, parameters.
neutronium

Postby crispyduck » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:18 pm

neutronium wrote:Wow, well I've had a crazy time the past month or so and I've had virtually no time to work on this.

Don't know if anyone still cares but I should have time to finish up some things I've added and release something in the next few days. This release will be pretty much completely skinnable and will support most, if not all, parameters.

I'm definately interested in this and tracking it to see where it goes.
crispyduck

Postby Jeramie » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:11 pm

I made a new Skin - Somethings don't seem to work quite right. Do you know what the problem is?
Attachments
ScoobyView.rar
(594.85 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
Jeramie

Postby neophenix » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Good stuff neutronium, I wish I had the time to sit and develop something.
neophenix

Postby BeAn » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:48 pm

anything new going on with this project? very interested..
BeAn

Postby neutronium » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:47 pm

Yeah sorry guys, I kinda left this hanging. This has been my craziest semester at school and I've had several technical difficulties as well so I actually lost some of the changes I had made. I've finally had a little time to work on it, however, and I've got a version that works reasonably well and is fairly easily skinnable that really just needs me to add more parameters but that's fairly trivial. I've been using it in my car and it looks great imbedded in Road Runner. I won't make any promises since my schedule is very crazy right now but hopefully I'll have some free time this week to get something out for you guys.
neutronium

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software