Digital dash I started working on

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby Pecosdude » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:46 pm

Let me summarize what I did to get scoobyview running.

1.) Install Java Runtime Environment
2.) Install the RXTX package (as per instructions)
3.) Install scoobyview
4.) Configure the com port setting.
(The filename is 'port', it is inside scoobyview application folder).
5.) Run scoobyview (Make sure that ECUexplorer, or any other program that is using the comport is NOT running)

That it!.
hopefully it works for you.
Pecosdude

Postby bluesubaru » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:46 am

OK, I'll give it a try. Didn't do it at first because of this statement:

"I've also updated the archive structure and java arguments so that the needed RXTX files are now in the lib directory and java is pointed to them so you can extract the scooby view folder anywhere and should be able to run it without worrying about the RXTX files. "
bluesubaru

Postby SeanV » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:14 pm

Awesome stuff, downloaded installed this yesterday.
Very impressive here, well done.

Just a few questions from a Nooby.

My boost and maf gauges work 100%.
However, I can seem to get the correct values to appear for the...
EGT.
Knock.
IAM.

I have a AUS/SA MY03 WRX and I presume there is a place where I need to set the correct ROM addresses for scoobyview to pickup the information.
ECU Informatiom...
A4TE001I
Case ID = AF770
Only problem is I am not sure where to set them and what they should be set to.

Not to sure if this helps, I know from using ECUExplorer that my IAM is found at "020120" but other than that I am totally clueless.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

Thx.
SeanV

Postby SeanV » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:59 pm

SeanV wrote:Awesome stuff, downloaded installed this yesterday.

EGT.
Knock.
IAM.

I have a AUS/SA MY03 WRX and I presume there is a place where I need to set the correct ROM addresses for scoobyview to pickup the information.
ECU Informatiom...
A4TE001I
Case ID = AF770

Not to sure if this helps, I know from using ECUExplorer that my IAM is found at "020120" but other than that I am totally clueless.

Thx.

Bump, surely someone musy know how to do this.

Thx
SeanV

Postby wetwilly » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:28 pm

SeanV wrote:

Thx

I think you have to edit the ecuparam.xml file. Find the parameter (IAM, Knock, etc.) and you can enter the address. I'm having other problems getting this to work with my skin, so don't know if this will work for you. Good luck. I wish Neutronium would check in here once in a while.
wetwilly

Postby neutronium » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:41 pm

Yeah, sorry about not replying in a while. I recently moved and have been without internet for a few weeks and unfortunately the laptop I was developing this on up and died. I believe a have a fairly recent back up of the code but if not I'll have to get an adapter or something to pull it of the laptop drive. I will be stopping by here frequently from now on so I'll try to answer any questions and hopefully I'll be able to start working on this again very soon so let me know if you guys have any feature requests.
neutronium

Postby neutronium » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:46 pm

Ok, after reading through the replies I do suggest everyone install the RXTX packages as described in the first post. I'm pretty sure I had it working with the included ones at one point but it would surprise me if I broke that sometime and didn't notice. I'll try to set up a installer for the next release that will make this stuff easier.

Yes, you can edit the address of the parameters in the xml file. I'm sorry but I only have my car to test this on so all the addresses are for that and I don't know where to get the correct address for your car but look around this forum, it's probably on here somewhere. If your car has different address for something let me know and some point I'll add a way to select different car profiles.

Wetwilly, hopefully I'll get a chance to see what's up with your skin tomorrow or the next day.
Last edited by neutronium on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neutronium

Postby neutronium » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:41 pm

Ok willy, I've got your skin working. The first problem is the Air fuel correction 1 parameter doesn't seem to work so just remove that for now from param.txt and gauges and I'll fix that for the next release.

The second problem is you used the name of the handler for some of the parameters. Sorry, I know the XML file is a little confusing but the name you want to use is the one in the <parameter></parameter> block. Your param.txt should read like this:

Throttle RPM MPH Boost KNK MassAirFlow Wastegate IATF CoolantF

I removed IgnitionTiming as you didn't seem to have a display that used it so I don't know if that parameter works or not. Remember to change the parameter line in the individual files too. Also your speedNum file has the parameter listed as speed when the correct one is MPH.

Make those changes and it should work and I'll see what's wrong with air fuel correction once I get to work on the code again.

Also I only tested this using the test monitor (you can do this yourself by changing the monitor file to read test) so it may not work in the car. If it doesn't this means there's probably either something wrong with the address of some parameters or they're not being handled correctly so let me know as that's something I'll have to fix.
neutronium

Postby SeanV » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:09 am

SeanV wrote:
SeanV wrote:Awesome stuff, downloaded installed this yesterday.

EGT.
Knock.
IAM.

ECU Informatiom...
A4TE001I
Case ID = AF770

Thx.

Thx

OK sorted out most of my questions, nearly all of the default values worked fine.
Just had to change the IAM value.

Next questions....
How do I change the various temp readouts to display in Degrees C
namely EGT, IAT and coolant.
And how do I change the boost reading to be displayed in bar?

Thx.
SeanV

Postby neutronium » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:30 pm

Switching to Celsius isn't very intuitive at the moment. You can open the param.txt file in the folder of the skin you're using and change the F's to C's. For example change EGTF to EGTC. Unfortunately you'll have to change the parameter line in the individual display's files. This should work fine for number displays but for bar displays you'll probably need to change their max and min values. Dial displays present more of a problem since the numbers are part of the background image. You would need to edit the image and probably reconfigure the angles. I'll work on an easier way to do all of this, probably some kind of global setting and dial gauges that automatically take care of labels and angles. I'll at least whip up a version of the skins that use celsius and bar by default.

Boost is currently only supported in psi. I'll add the option for bar.
neutronium

Postby SeanV » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:54 am

neutronium wrote:Switching to Celsius isn't very intuitive at the moment. You can open the param.txt file in the folder of the skin you're using and change the F's to C's. For example change EGTF to EGTC. Unfortunately you'll have to change the parameter line in the individual display's files. This should work fine for number displays but for bar displays you'll probably need to change their max and min values. Dial displays present more of a problem since the numbers are part of the background image. You would need to edit the image and probably reconfigure the angles. I'll work on an easier way to do all of this, probably some kind of global setting and dial gauges that automatically take care of labels and angles. I'll at least whip up a version of the skins that use celsius and bar by default.

Boost is currently only supported in psi. I'll add the option for bar.

Thx

I have managed to get the IAT and Engine Coolant to display in Celcius.
But can't get the EGT to work, when I use EGTC it continually stays on 200 even while driving and when I use EGTF it stays on 392 and never budges.

Is it possible to have Injector Duty Cycle displayed?
I guees it needs to be added into the XML file?
Does anybody know the adresses for it?

Thx
SeanV

Injector Pulse width

Postby SeanV » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:09 am

I emailed Cailvin and got some info for the Injector Pulse width....

Code: Select all
Fuel Injector Pulse Width @ 0x000020 (value is * 0.256 to get ms)

To get ms to a % you must do the following:

(RPM * (ms / 1200))

So I went ahead and made a new parameter in the XML file, but now none of my dials etc show any reading at all.
If I revert back to my old XML file everything works fine.
I am not sure if one can just add new parameters into the XML.

Attached is the XML file with the Fuel Injector Pulse Width added in by myself.
Attachments
ecuparam.xml
(4.62 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
Last edited by SeanV on Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanV

Postby neutronium » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:22 am

Yeah, sorry. The way it's set up right now you can't just add parameters to the XML. The XML lists all the addresses for the parameters but what to do with each one is coded elsewhere.
neutronium

Postby SeanV » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:29 am

For future development - a few requests, it would be gr8 if we could have....

1.) Boost displayed in BAR - as an option.
2.) Temps displayed in Celcius, Intake and engine coolant works in Celcius but not EGT.
3.) AFR fixed :)
4.) If possible.... include Fuel Injector duty cycle.

Thx , for the awesome work so far.
SeanV

Postby SeanV » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:32 am

Some info I got from Calvin that might help with some of my future requests

Code: Select all
Manifold absolute pressure @ 0x00000D (value is *37 then /255 to get PSI)

Manifold relative pressure @ 0x000024 (value is -128 then *37 then /255 to get PSI)

Mass Air Flow @ 0x000013 (high byte) 0x000014 (low byte) (value is then /100 to get g/s)

Exhaust Gas Temperature @ 0x000106 (value is +40 then*5 to get degrees C)

Intake Air Temp @ 0x000012 (value is -40 to get degrees C)

Knock Correction is @ 0x000022 (value is -128 then /2 to get degrees)

Coolant Temp @ 0x000008 (value is -40 to get degrees C)

Fuel Injector Pulse Width @ 0x000020 (value is * 0.256 to get ms)
To get ms to a % you must do the following:
(RPM * (ms / 1200))

SeanV

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software