Digital dash I started working on

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby neutronium » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:26 am

OK, this is strange. LGT+WRX says he has both versions working on a 16-bit ecu but can't get them to work on a DBW, while jackyyuen says 0.02 works on DBW but not 0.03.

I was under the impression that SSM datalogging should work the same for 16-bit and DBW ecus but maybe that's not true. Although for jackyyuen it's working on at least one DBW.

As for 0.03 not working while 0.02 does this is strange as well. I'd say I probably broke something but LGT says he has both working at least on a 16-bit ecu.

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is an issue with the RXTX libraries as I changed their location hoping this would eliminate the need to manually install them. Try following the instructions in the first post to manually install and see if this helps, jackyyuen.

I'm leaving for vacation in the morning so I'm sorry but I probably won't get this fixed for you guys until I get back but I'll take a look tonight and see if it's something obvious that's causing at least one of your problems.

When I get back I'll post a debugging version for you guys to run that should pretty easily let me know whats wrong.
neutronium

Postby jackyyuen » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi neutronium,

Welcome back!!

Let me give it a try tonight.

Thanks
jackyyuen

Postby STDog » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:37 am

neutronium wrote:OK, I couldn't keep you guys waiting any longer so I uploaded a snapshot build while I work on new features. It's basically the one I posted screenshots of a few posts ago.

So, I grabedr 0.03ish and unarchived it. All I get is an sv directory with lib and conf inside.

Do I need to get 0.02 as well?

Other than that rar file, RXTX, and java, what else do I need to run this in linux?

I saw mention of openecu files in the cmd file posted [previously. What file is that?

Will this work with an ELM 32* interface?
STDog

Postby bchslap » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:55 pm

so, i know Im dredging theads here, but I've just read through the eight pages. Is this still actively worked with? I don't see any download links anymore, but it definitely looks interesting and very useful..

neutronium, excellent work, fella! kudos to you

EDIT Nevermind. I'm a moron.. Me, like about 30 other people, thought I was logged in, but wasn't...
bchslap

Postby bchslap » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:12 pm

I suppose a better question to ask, from a rookie such as myself, would be 'what cable are you using to interface with the car?'

I'm looking to purchase a cable this week. I've got Cobb's APv1, but that cable is like a db15 -> obd2..
bchslap

Postby campbuds » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:45 am

Ok i am sorry all this programming stuff is greek to me yet.

How do I set the addresses and how do I determine what to set them too. I tried downloading ECUexplorer but it doesn't seem to be available. So I just have ECUflash.

I have an 04 WRX.
campbuds

Any new versions ??

Postby STI02 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:58 am

Any development happening to this software ? It's a great little app, Well done Neutronium :wink:
STI02

Postby Lum » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 am

Just downloaded this with the intent of integrating it into CentraFuse on my CarPC.

It seems to work ok, but when I embed it in CentraFuse, it ends up launching multiple copies and/or just giving me a grey screen. I suspect this may be something to do with the wrapper .exe

This thread suggests that there should be a .cmd file with the command to launch the java app directly but there wasn't one in the .rar

Can someone tell me what the command to launch it directly is? I'll try using that to launch it from within CentraFuse
Lum

Previous

Return to Data Logging Software