Blinking CEL when logging

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Blinking CEL when logging

Postby rt4me » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:09 am

I've just tried to capture my first log using ecuExplorer. I think I got the steps in the wrong order because my CEL was flashing and the car seemed to be in a sort of safe mode.

What order should I be doing things in? Instructions I've found online have been a little lacking. When do I start the car? When do I connect the Tactrix cable? For logging do I need to do anything other that connect the green test connectors (on an 04 WRX)? Is the blinking CEL normal when logging?

What I did:
I plugged in the tactrix cable, with ecuExplorer already launched. Moved the ingnition to ON. The CEL started blinking, I heard the fuel pump cycling and the cooling fans cycle. I selected the logging options in ecuExplorer and then started the car. The CEL continued to blink but ecuExplorer was logging. I drove for a short distance but noticed that power seemed really down so I figured it was in some sort of safe mode. I pulled over, turned off the car, disconnected the tactrix cable and unplugged the green test connectors. After that the car started right up and drove normally.

Thanks in advance for the help.
rt4me

Postby rt4me » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:17 am

Shouldn't have had the test connectors connected when logging. DOH!
rt4me

Return to Data Logging Software