I need some help here...

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

I need some help here...

Postby vlady » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:12 pm

So, I was trying to pull the ROM from my buddy's 02 wrx. I tried both Enginuity and ECUFlash. None of them worked. In ecuflash I got a kernel error and a similar error with Enginuity. Can someone please walk me through the process of donwloading the image from a ecu? I did have the test connectors pluged in and I did have the jumper blocked hooked up. I really need to get in there and scale his injectors since his car is just sitting at the shop since his new injectors were installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
vlady

Postby vlady » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Almost 30 views and nobody has any suggestions? :(
vlady

Postby Tea cups » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:44 pm

Tea cups

Postby vlady » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:32 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've read that and gone over it a dozen times with no effect. I will try it again tonight and see if I get a better outcome.
vlady

Postby Tea cups » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:10 pm

You've read this part?

"Troubleshooting:
Cannot flash or read your ECU:
1. Try a different port in the "Options" menu of Ecuflash.

2. Do not turn on your ignition until prompted to do so, otherwise reading/flashing may fail.

3. Make sure the openport cable is securely connected to both your car and the laptop.

4. Make sure you car is actually entering diagnostics mode. With the green diagnostics connectors connected and the openport cable disconnected, you should get a flashing CEL and the radiator fans should cycle on and off (after a period of time) when the ignition is turned on. If not, your car may have an additional connection near the passenger’s side footwell that is disconnected. When reading and flashing, the radiator fans will typically remain off.

5. Make sure your battery, charging and electrical system are up to snuff.

6. Although the flash blocks are not needed for reading, some cars may not read without them."
Tea cups

Postby vlady » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:38 pm

I have indeed. That's why I was stumped. I'm going to try it again tonight or tomorrow. Thanks
vlady

Postby Tea cups » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:18 pm

Also, try reinstalling ecuflash and make sure you have the latest version. It will also install the drivers for the tactrix cable. You do have a tactrix cable right? An Accessport cable or other OBDII cable will not work.
Tea cups

Return to Reflashing Software