ECUFlash can work with Mitsubishi Outlander?

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECUFlash can work with Mitsubishi Outlander?

Postby RanEvo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:20 am

I wonder if the ECUFlash can work with the Mitsubishi Outlander?
Especially as in Europe we have the Outlander in a Turbo Ver. which basically using the Evo 8 detuned engine, however the ECU is the same Outlander ECU and at this time EcuTek don't support Outlander ECU and no stand along ECU is available to this car :confused: :roll:

I wonder if anyone tried it with the Outlander?

And I urge the developers to make the ECUFlash to be available for the Outlander, as the Outlander Turbo is so popular in Europe and many owners looking for the solution as soon as possible!

Thanks
Ran
RanEvo

Postby MalibuJack » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 am

This is actually a good question... There has been some desire by some of us here in the USA to put the evo drivetrain (at least the engine/turbo) into the Outlander, I have been searching for a 5 speed 2003 outlander for some time..

I think its possible to extract your ECU at this point, but there are no definitions at the moment.. Have you tried to use ECUFlash to at least extract it? Even if you associate it with an incorrect base definition, getting the rom OFF the Ecu is half the battle.
MalibuJack

Postby RanEvo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:03 am

Hi MalibuJack,
I didn't tried yet to extract the ROM file, as I'm waiting for the OpenPort 1.3M USB interface to arrive :?

I wonder if anyone in this forum already tried to extract the ROM file from Outlander?
RanEvo

Postby RanEvo » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Hi Colby and all,
I wander if you can help in this one? I am trying now to flash the Outlander Turbo (a European one): the (white) programming connector is different then the Evo one, it is larger and have 2 wires in 2 pins. Anyway I jumpered whit a wire the 2 pins together to my cable and one by one, and tried to read from ECU: - but no way (in any type of Mitsubishi, Evo9, Evo7-8,…) its Just not working!!! :?

Pleas let me know if you can do your “magic” also in this car? :?:
RanEvo

Postby ohio-evo » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:31 am

Has any one tried this on the us outlander? My wife has a 04 I was just wondering if there was any risk in trying to download from it
ohio-evo

Postby MalibuJack » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:30 am

Go ahead, try to download the Rom, you won't hurt anything to try it.. Just keep in mind there won't be any definition for it, the closest might be the one for a Lancer though..
MalibuJack

Postby RanEvo » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 am

Unfortunately it is imposable to download the ROM file at this moment, I have tried it whit Outlander Turbo and Outlander 2.4 .
The processor in the Outlander is the MH8202F, and cboles stated that “I have a H8 kernel that is almost done. I'm just totally bogged down in other work. Hopefully I'll get it out in Sept....”

So we have a hope to have a solution any day now. :D
RanEvo

RANEVO

Postby KenYong3671 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:44 pm

Hi RANEVO,

as for ur problem..i have found a solution for it.

initially, i have the same issue as u when i tried to read from the MIT Airtrek which is i think similliar to u problem.

just jumper the two wire from the openport wire white connector to the seconf init connector at ur car. and the third one to the pinj 1 of the ODBII of ur car. It works for me.

Hope u are able to get it.
KenYong3671

Re: RANEVO

Postby RanEvo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:08 am

Hi KenYong,

I am excited! Can you attach a photo or diagram of the way you connected yours?

And as what ECU you read it ?

Thanks

KenYong3671 wrote:Hi RANEVO,

initially, i have the same issue as u when i tried to read from the MIT Airtrek which is i think similliar to u problem.

just jumper the two wire from the openport wire white connector to the seconf init connector at ur car. and the third one to the pinj 1 of the ODBII of ur car. It works for me.

RanEvo

Re: RANEVO

Postby RanEvo » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:34 pm

RanEvo wrote:Hi KenYong,

I am excited! Can you attach a photo or diagram of the way you connected yours?

And as what ECU you read it ?

Thanks

KenYong3671 wrote:Hi RANEVO,

:?: :?:
RanEvo

Postby salex » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:55 pm

I think there are many who would like to know more about this.
I am very interested in reflashing my Outlander, but still haven't figured out a way to do it.

Please send more info if you have any!
salex

Postby dannieboy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:38 am

Airtrek N/T & Turbo 2.0 possible to flash
Outlander Turbo 2.0, yet to confirm
Outlander 2.4 not possible. ECU will react like mad :? Tried and almost killed my wallet this afternoon (thought of burned my friend's ecu!)
dannieboy

Postby RanEvo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:05 am

dannieboy wrote:Airtrek N/T & Turbo 2.0 possible to flash
Outlander 2.4 not possible. ECU will react like mad :? Tried and almost killed my wallet this afternoon (thought of burned my friend's ecu!)

Is that your personal experience?
Can you explain haw to connect the Outlander to the cables connectors?
RanEvo

Postby monsta11 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:49 pm

dannieboy wrote:Airtrek N/T & Turbo 2.0 possible to flash

I have Airtrek Turbo but cant get it to work. Could you do a better discription of the connections?

Thanks
monsta11

Postby dannieboy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:41 pm

RanEvo wrote:Is that your personal experience?
Can you explain haw to connect the Outlander to the cables connectors?

You're using which series of the engine?
dannieboy

Next

Return to Reflashing Software