EVO5/6 MH7201F - MH7202F read/flash tool - it works.

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby OrlandoGT » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

gteclass wrote:Bummer, sorry to hear about the auto issue. My GT 5spd responds well to the ignition adjustments. Unfortunately the dual fuel trim trigger maps are a serious obsticle that can only really be overcome by flashing.

Lets hope for the best, if not, I will just deal with fighting the ecu.

Let's hope Colby releases the flash out of the blue. It's not likely, but I still have a little hope..
OrlandoGT

Postby gteclass » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:19 am

You may already know about this but just in case you dont...

Something that has worked for me in the past to adjust ignition on these damn 3gs is if you are trying to advance the timing, you can do so in small ammounts by negatively adjusting your airflow readings to reach a lower load part of the timing map. To retard timing you can increase the airflow. This of course has an effect on the fuel and can bring you out of open loop if your not careful but i have seen some success with it.

The thing to beware of is that if you are at around 3500 and your ecu sees a load of less than 80% then bank 2 is closed loop making it so you only can set the timing in this manner at 3500 between 25 and 24 without losing your fuel trims and tune.

At 4k however both banks are open loop down to ~63% load where bank 2 closes. This allows timing to be adjusted by this method from 25 all the way up to 32!

Above 5k, you will almost always be open loop. This means that you can go from mid 20s all the way to 44* of timing by just adjusting airflow.

Of course this all leads to chasing AFRs and trims, and making sure not to dip below the closed loop thresholds.
gteclass

Postby OrlandoGT » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:38 pm

Aww man...I don't think that I can do that. I'm already having enough problems with fuel trims on my car :(

I don't understand how Colby went from a couple of weeks to months without a single update.

Wish I didn't by this car the first year it came out :(
OrlandoGT

Postby gteclass » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:11 am

OrlandoGT wrote:Aww man...I don't think that I can do that. I'm already having enough problems with fuel trims on my car :(

I don't understand how Colby went from a couple of weeks to months without a single update.

Wish I didn't by this car the first year it came out :(

I have had pretty good luck tuning my fuel trims by adjusting the IJ pulsewidth. I have the IJ1 map set to adjust Cyl 1,3,5 for bank 1 and IJ2 map set to adjust Cyl 2,4,6 for bank 2. I dont adjust my airflow map at all at this point. I also modified the data.xml file to better suit tuning the 3gV6. The only stipulation to this working is that you have to be set up to add and trim fuel which requires the IJ adapter box from mohdparts.com on our cars.

The files I have attached are my baseline, zeroed out EMU settings and my data.xml file. Even if you continue using airflow adjustments, my data.xml file will help tremendously.

The logged variables are-
LoadMax160- this load value closely mirrors the volumetric efficiency value on the emanage. It is also what the ECU uses to decide to go open loop or stay closed loop.

AFRMAP- if this is not 128 then you are open loop

TPS- shows how useless tuning by TPS really is with a 3g, also tells you when you are really at wot

RPM- duh

Timing 4,5,6- 5 is actual timing, if 4 is higher than 5 then your ecu pulled timing due to knock, i havent figured out the significance of 6 yet

STFT1+2- the short term fuel trim evaluation expression is wrong on evoscan, the correct evaluation expression {(x/2.55)-50} does not work in evoscan and the guy who wrote it promised he would fix it in the next release but until then I use excel to evaluate it.

LTFT1+2- again wrong evaluation expression, the correct one is {(x/5.1)-25}. Our cars also only have 2 sets of long term fuel trims, high and low. If your airflow is more than 75hz then you run the high, if its lower than you run the low. I dont log each because it slows down the log and really what is important is the fuel trim you are currently using. These are the fuel trim that currently is applied.

PO21+2-Primary o2 sensor 1+2

SO21+2-Secondary o2 sensor 1+2

Speed- expressed correctly in mph

AirFlow- expressed in hz, watch this to make sure that your high trim adjustments at the crossover point do not put you into the low trim zone and also to see where the crossover point is.

Knock Sum- very important variable

InjPulseWidth1+2- the injector pulsewidth for bank1 and bank2, these are very important to figure out what the adjustment should be at each load and rpm

If you need help you could send me a nice long log file and your EMU settings file and I could get your trims pretty damn close to zero.
Attachments
baseline.zip
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Data.xml
(15.26 KiB) Downloaded 713 times
gteclass

Postby Travis » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:38 pm

That's some great info, thanks! What is an EM2 file used by? You call it baseline, is that for the eManage Blue?
Travis

Postby gteclass » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Travis wrote:That's some great info, thanks! What is an EM2 file used by? You call it baseline, is that for the eManage Blue?

Emanage Ultimate
gteclass

Postby Sanctifier » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:07 am

SilverBack wrote:FFS!

If I were Colby every time some d**k posted a moaning reply, I'd put the f**king thing to the bottom of the pile.

Please stopped f**king bitching at the poor man for not doing something he is already doing for free. What is wrong with you lot?

Perhaps the man is just very busy. Please stop acting like spoilt children before you f**k it for everybody!

My 2p !!!

^ ^ ^ Yup!
Sanctifier

Postby srnoth » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Hey Folks,

Well it seems that the solution for all EVO5/6 owners is to replace the ECU with one from a new model (7/8 etc).

So I was wondering, would this work for normal lancers as well?

I have a 1998 Lancer (a.k.a. Mirage in the US) with the re-flashing port that the Tactrix cable would hook up to. Would it be possible to replace the current ECU with one from a 2001-2003 lancer with the same engine (4g13)? Could I then reflash the new ECU using OpenECU?
srnoth

Postby gteclass » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:37 am

its possible, but the sensors on the newer model might be different than the older one and you might be better off to swap the motor all together with the newer ECU and wiring harness.
gteclass

Postby BarryC. » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 am

oh what a great day thank you Colby I was able to read the rom from my H8 ECU absolutly chuffed with it fair play to ya :D :D :D :D
Last edited by BarryC. on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarryC.

Postby OrlandoGT » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:33 am

Thank you Colby. It feels great to know that I will be able to read my ROM. Editing next...? :D

I'm definately going to hold off on ECU swapping now!!
OrlandoGT

Postby cossie1 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 pm

Looks like I might have just got into this at the right time :D

Guess we need to find someone with an Evo 5/6 RA ecu (RA420996R1) to dump now.
cossie1

Postby Travis » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:35 am

new update out but no write support for H8?

What's the "lockout problem"? Anybody know?
Travis

Postby gteclass » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:48 am

we are still having read problems on some h8 machines, it will probly be a while still.
gteclass

Postby cossie1 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:54 am

Has anyone actually managed to dump an Evo 6 ecu yet ?

I know barryc managed to dump an evo5 ecu, but there are slight differences I think
cossie1

PreviousNext

Return to Reflashing Software