WRX: Per Gear Wastegate Compensation

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Tea cups » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:01 am

Spec C Wannabe wrote:At the very first attempt, the experiment failed and showed no difference in Wastegate duty. Not giving up, I searched more and found another gear-related table called "Gear Comp Disable Speed". This table can only be found in EcuEdit using XMLwrite generated definition. The factory setting was 6 km/hr, so I guessed the Per Gear Boost and Wastegate Comp were disabled beyond this speed limit. I searched more into JDM STI and found out that this table was set at 250 Km/hr so I changed mine accordingly. Since then, these Per Gear Compensation function as they are supposed to :D

I've added the per gear disable speed table to the latest Enginuity defs, among other changes. Get the latest here:

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=360
Tea cups

Postby Spec C Wannabe » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:59 pm

Feel glad that I can contribute.
Spec C Wannabe

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:20 am

Tea cups wrote:I've added the per gear disable speed table to the latest Enginuity defs, among other changes. Get the latest here:

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=360

Why don't they already just have all the tables available from xmlwrite? Just wondering?
JRSCCivic98

Postby west_minist » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:50 am

there do for ecuedit
west_minist

Postby Tea cups » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:44 am

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Why don't they already just have all the tables available from xmlwrite? Just wondering?

I've been creating the defs for Enginuity as of late (screen name Merchgod on the Enginuity site). I don't add any tables to the definitions (regardless of the source) unless their exact function is known and the resulting values make sense and are known to be correct or have been tested as in the case of Spec C Wannabe. I also try to come up with a conversion formula that makes the most sense from a tuning perspective (that is, easiest to visualize) and as much as I can one that has the greatest accuracy based on how the ecu uses the underlying value. I'm not saying that my definitions are 100% tested, verified and bug-free, but I try to represent at the very least "a best guess" due to the large number of revisions in every market that are supported.

Xmlwrite is a very good resouce. I've yet to find an error in regards to table size and the offsets are nearly always spot on as far as I can tell. The majority of the differences would be in the conversion formula as I don't always agree with them or I think they should be represented in a different way (ex. percent change verses multiplier). I've found a few storage size errors (such as 32bit injector latency), but this is probably something corrected in a later version of the "reference" xmlwrite was created from. I also have support for tables and revisions that are not included in xmlwrite. In addition, I try to present it in a way that will give as much information as possible to a user through the use of detailed help descriptions and different ways of presenting the values, such as label descriptors indicating the function of each individual value in a 1d table.
Tea cups

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:04 pm

Yeah, what sucks now is that xmlwrite won't ever be updated from it's current revision. That blows ass!
JRSCCivic98

Re: WRX: Per Gear Wastegate Compensation

Postby AlexNorinh » Thu May 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Massive necrobump for a bit of useful information

I just flashed the A4TE100G ROM (EDM 03 WRX) over my A4SE700I ROM (ADM 01 WRX) and it worked. Car starts, runs, hits open loop fine. I threw a P0558 - Alternator Circuit Low CEL though. Seems to be charging the battery fine (14.4v car on, 12.2v car off). Turns off a little rough too.

Will drive around progressively to check everything's OK before I start tuning.
AlexNorinh

Re:

Postby WWRX04 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:14 am

Spec C Wannabe wrote:Ok Guys, I have exploited the Per Gear Boost and Wastegate successfully.

I've come to a conclusion that the gear ratios from 1st to 5th are oriented from Top to Bottom (EcuEdit) or Left to Right (Enginuity) respectively. Using the rule of elimination, I've figured this out by changing the top row of Per Gear Boost Comp. and Per Gear Wastegate Comp. to -99% while leaving the remaining cells to zero. At my several attempts, I monitored Primary Wastegate Duty of each gear and found out that this parameter became zero while those of other gears showed the expected activity of Boost Solenoid. :D

At the very first attempt, the experiment failed and showed no difference in Wastegate duty. Not giving up, I searched more and found another gear-related table called "Gear Comp Disable Speed". This table can only be found in EcuEdit using XMLwrite generated definition. The factory setting was 6 km/hr, so I guessed the Per Gear Boost and Wastegate Comp were disabled beyond this speed limit. I searched more into JDM STI and found out that this table was set at 250 Km/hr so I changed mine accordingly. Since then, these Per Gear Compensation function as they are supposed to :D

For those of you whose ECU have these features, be sure to raise the Gear Comp Disable Speed to the max. These features work very well with my car and now I'm very pleased with the result :D

Thanx ...It helped a lot :D I Have a EDM WRX 04 , and was wondering why the per Gear Boost Comp was'nt working! Greetings from Switzerland !
WWRX04

Previous

Return to Reflashing Software