error loading FTD2XX.DLL

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

error loading FTD2XX.DLL

Postby VR Trooper » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:35 pm

I have been having a loading error ever since installing ECUflash a number of months ago.
I had read a post somewhere saying not to worry about it, as long as you can read/write/view properly.

At the time of install, I was able to read my ECU and have since reinstalled ECUflash due to a glitch that stopped me from opening and viewing any files. (probably self-induced)
After reinstalling today, the error loading FTD2XX.DLL still occurs. I am not near my vehicle, so I cannot test if its able to read/write properly.

I thought I'd see if I can find a way to eliminate this problem from happening and have a clean list in the 'Task Info'

I've seen a few old postings on this forum but couldn't derive any solutions from them.
Hoping someone here might have some insight they can share.
I'm running windows 7 on a laptop

Thanks,
Ryan
VR Trooper

Re: error loading FTD2XX.DLL

Postby radsdau » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Are you using the latest version available from tactrix.com ? Works for me, Win7.
radsdau

Postby alexey2357 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:51 pm

I had the same issue using EcuFlash 1.44 and WindowsXP SP2. What I decided to do is to try to find that file on a drive. I found it in a folder Openport 1.3. So I've decided to copy that file to the folder where ecuflash is located. The error disappeared BUT after reading ECU ecuflash closes unexpectedly. I think this is not the right dll file.
Here is more detail what I was doing
alexey2357

Postby mporeda » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:48 pm

You can ignore that error but to fix it you only need to install both the 1.3 and 2.0 drivers when you install EcuFlash. We include both drivers so that our newest software works with our oldest hardware. If you skip the 1.3 driver install it will give this error. We'll probably change the reporting of this in the future so as to eliminate any confusion. In fact I'll make a note of that now.
mporeda

Return to Reflashing Software