EVO 8 MR Non-responsive fuel maps

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

EVO 8 MR Non-responsive fuel maps

Postby Garage101 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:06 am

Greeting Open ECU peoples,
I am new to Open ECU however not to tuning. Vehicle is connected to 4WD DynoDynamics with multiple Uego widebands and all the good test equipment. Using Tactrix cable and latest version of O.E. software on a nice trusty old XP laptop.
Subject: 2004 EVO 8 MR FQ320 from the U.K market. This appears to be already reflashed with unknown software. 24 psi, 280 HP at wheels. Very lean!! eeek.

I opened the image and saved it. O.E said it could not recognise data so I opted for the advanced option and merged it with the closest option I could find - 2005 MR from JDM market.
- Reburnt image back to ECU to see if it was AOK - all good.
- Reburnt a test version with lower Rev limit - all good - rpm lowered.
- attempted to start fuel map tuning but found the RPM scale very randon. Rev bands like 0, 5, 7, 100, 2100, 900, RPM etc. Ignored that to start and just attempted a crude adjustment for a major section of the map to see if the Rev Bands were real RPM or not. No change to fueling what so ever.
- Reset the RPM scales to the usual 500rpm increments. Tested major AFR changes on high octane map again. No change to actual AFR's at all.
- Retsed rev limit and fuel injector trim to confirm burns are working - AOK. Fuel trim works perfectly, Rev limit changed too.
- Tested entire map change, dropping every cell by 1.0 AFR and doing the same on low octane map to ensure it wasn't switching to the knock map - No change to fuelling or actual AFR's what so ever.

So, in brief, I can adjust rev limits, injector size and burns are working BUT no changes seem to effect either of the fuel maps.

As I said, I am a complete novice to this software so probably missing avery basic process but can't find instructions etc. PS: The 16 part series on youtube is waaaay too long and has so much drawn out info. Someone needs to do a simple fast tutorial that covers the basics of saving, altering fuel and ig and reburning.

Help me please.
Garage101

Re: EVO 8 MR Non-responsive fuel maps

Postby todd-w » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:11 am

wrong definition file post up the original rom i should have an xml
Last edited by todd-w on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
todd-w

Postby todd-w » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:56 am

try these ,add to rommetdata
Attachments
evo7base.xml
(26.21 KiB) Downloaded 1049 times
todd-w

Postby todd-w » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:57 am

here
Attachments