Back to standard reflash question

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Back to standard reflash question

Postby puma » Tue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Ok this is what I am trying to do.

I have a 2002 WRX AUS delivered that has some mods including an openecu tune that I would like to return to stock and have the ECU reflashed back to a standard map.

I have found someone with the software, tactrix & standard defs that will suit my car.

What I would like to know is there anything that needs to be done with the immobilizer? I don't know how all this works however I keep reading of people flashing their cars with other defs/maps and then they can't start the car because the immobilizer code was different to the one that they had.

Can you give me some info onto what I should be looking for or info I can pass onto the person that will be doing it for me as they have never done a change in maps all they do is edit their own for their cars tuning.

Any help would be great.
puma

Re: Back to standard reflash question

Postby radsdau » Wed May 30, 2012 3:44 pm

You shouldn't have any problems with the immobilizer on Subaru vehicles so long as you don't swap out the ECU.

EVO ECUs have an immobilizer code in the ROM that is (almost)unique to each car, so this has to be matched before the car will start, therefore it is very important to make a copy of the original factory ROM before you start. This is not the case with Subarus; the immobilizer info is somewhere else in the ECU, not the main ECU memory.
radsdau

Re: Back to standard reflash question

Postby puma » Wed May 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Excellent thanks very much for your help!
puma

Return to Reflashing Software