ECUFlash source

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECUFlash source

Postby donour » Sat May 13, 2006 11:19 am

Colby,

Is the ECUFlash source available somewhere? I would like to get a build running on OS X. I saw a snapshot for quite a while ago, but nothign recent.

thanks

d
donour

Postby Houdini » Sun May 14, 2006 7:30 am

OSX support would be nice. About to get another Mac myself :)
Houdini

Postby donour » Sun May 14, 2006 10:29 am

Currently OS X only supports VCP access to the FTDI chip. So, somebody is going to have to write a direct access driver before ecuflash will work as is.

d
donour

Re: ECUFlash source

Postby wdn » Thu May 25, 2006 5:34 am

donour wrote:Colby,

Is the ECUFlash source available somewhere? I would like to get a build running on OS X. I saw a snapshot for quite a while ago, but nothign recent.

thanks

d

I would like to see the source code too, for this to really be "Open Source Logging" then the source code for the newest release should be made available. I am a noob on this forum but when I follow the links to the newest release there is no link to the source code. Thanks
wdn

Postby transient » Thu May 25, 2006 8:21 am

The source code would be great for those of us without an EVO / Sub..

Volkswagens would also greatly benefit from being able to read/write from/to an ECU through the OBDII port.

Being able to play with and modify an existing software package would be tremendously helpful.

this is OPENecu.org afeterall :)

-john
transient

Postby LGT-3-6 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:20 pm

+1 How about a sourceforge project something similar? You already have a webserver just host a cvs or svn server. heh.
LGT-3-6

Postby cboles » Thu May 25, 2006 1:38 pm

I already do run SVN. I also have a lot of private and commercial projects on the same SVN server, so I would rather people weren't connecting to it. I will probably just release snapshots for the near future. The build environment is fairly complex, and I don't have time to document that yet. I'm also building EcuFlash from a VC++ command line, so I don't have a makefile version yet. There are hundreds of files in the project already. You need to build Qt, kernel cross-compilers, Qwt, Qwt3D, and a number of other sources as well.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby LGT-3-6 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:57 pm

cboles wrote:I already do run SVN. I also have a lot of private and commercial projects on the same SVN server, so I would rather people weren't connecting to it. I will probably just release snapshots for the near future. The build environment is fairly complex, and I don't have time to document that yet. I'm also building EcuFlash from a VC++ command line, so I don't have a makefile version yet. There are hundreds of files in the project already. You need to build Qt, kernel cross-compilers, Qwt, Qwt3D, and a number of other sources as well.

That's good, but open source is good for a reason. Right now I see sooo many different little projects. We could all put our efforts into one project and get really nice software in no-time. Hell, I even have my own data-logger that is at this point is large and complex, but it seems partly futile with all this other stuff floating around.

It's worth the effort to let other people look at the code and contribute. It really is. I'm sure people would help (me) just to get everything migrated and working on a separate server.
LGT-3-6

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:06 pm

LGT-3-6 wrote:That's good, but open source is good for a reason. Right now I see sooo many different little projects. We could all put our efforts into one project and get really nice software in no-time.

You're not the first to suggest that people maybe concentrate on 1 or 2 projects as a team. I had suggested such a thing numerous times on some boards and I was always shut down. I too see it as everyone doing their own thing for themselves and sharing it out right now... imagine how much farther we could be if the 10 projects would be 1 or 2 with everyone's talents worked into those. I've learned to just sit and wait for stuff to come out. I'm pretty good at testing stuff, but I'll be the first to say that I don't have the immediate knowledge to create such nice programs... it appeared to me that with such a lack of knowledge that I didn't have a limb to stand on... or at least that was the direction most conversations went.

It's nice to see that someone else is sharing my viewpoints.
JRSCCivic98

Postby wdn » Fri May 26, 2006 5:23 pm

cboles wrote:I already do run SVN. I also have a lot of private and commercial projects on the same SVN server, so I would rather people weren't connecting to it. I will probably just release snapshots for the near future. The build environment is fairly complex, and I don't have time to document that yet. I'm also building EcuFlash from a VC++ command line, so I don't have a makefile version yet. There are hundreds of files in the project already. You need to build Qt, kernel cross-compilers, Qwt, Qwt3D, and a number of other sources as well.

Sorry, I did not mean to stir up a hornets nest here especially being a new member and all, but it seems there are a number of members besides myself who would willing to help with this project including in some way. It seems to me if we teamed up we could get a lot done look at the success of Linux for example. I own a 2000 Mitisubishi Galant (California emission, automatic, 4 cylinder) and it would be great to be able to reflash the ECU.

I know what you have created is complex and my hat's off to you. Anyway even if you could post just the source for the newest version that would be great.
wdn

Postby headsex » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:28 pm

any update to the source??

d.
headsex

Postby donour » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:53 am

Colby's out of town for a a few weeks. He sent me a snapshot right before he left and that's what I've been trying to get work on OSX and linux.

When he gets back, I'm sure there will be discussion on how to push the sources out to the public.

d
donour

Postby MalibuJack » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:46 am

I'll certainly participate in the opensource effort if/when he posts it.

Donour and I have made some decent progress in logging the mitsubishi ECU and I personally would love to see the ability to add the ability to use plugin features that can be user contributed, things like data logging, analyzers, etc..

Not to mention my website has made huge progress in disassembling and documenting an EVO rom, and I'm sure modifications and an the ability to patch roms might also be another cool feature. Obviously these things are Evo specific, but I don't see why they couldn't also be used with others.
MalibuJack

Postby Tgui » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 pm

donour wrote:Colby's out of town for a a few weeks. He sent me a snapshot right before he left and that's what I've been trying to get work on OSX and linux.

When he gets back, I'm sure there will be discussion on how to push the sources out to the public.

d

I'm a linux dev on the Enginuity project (among others). 3d graphing, interpolation plus (love it or hate).

Is there any way you could pass me the source. I'm getting my hands on a mac and would like to dive into both OS's (porting that is).
Tgui

Postby donour » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:51 am

Tgui wrote:
donour wrote:Colby's out of town for a a few weeks. He sent me a snapshot right before he left and that's what I've been trying to get work on OSX and linux.

d

I'm a linux dev on the Enginuity project (among others). 3d graphing, interpolation plus (love it or hate).

Is there any way you could pass me the source. I'm getting my hands on a mac and would like to dive into both OS's (porting that is).

Sending a PM.

d
donour

Return to Reflashing Software