solved problem flashing ecu and reading errors

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

solved problem flashing ecu and reading errors

Postby adamsaiyad » Mon May 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Ok so i have a subaru legacy rev d 2002 Rsk, it suffers from some mad det and i was playing with maps today.
Any ways i reflashed a few times with different maps did some logging and then on one of the last flashes i did today i got ....

02_densobootloader
02_densobootloader
02_densobootloader
02_densobootloader
02_densobootloader
kernel get interface.....

now this happened weirdly after a failed flash, i was upset and confused ecuflash said the software didnt flash and my ecu would be toast and car wouldnt start etc etc ....
So i tried to flash again and it wrote but didnt complete.
Any ways after researching the error and trying to figure it out i tried re seating green connectors, tried everything, sadly my previous tuner didnt have the four pin bridge cable and used some wire paper clips to bridge the connector..... now ha i said to myself those cant be very good i removed them and put my tactrix original four pin jumper, tried to read the ecu and it worked, tried to flash and it worked, if any one has this error and is battling check the four pin connector its worth it and dont use a paper clip jumper for the four wires, use the original tactrix four pin connector.
It will save you time and money and headaches always make sure that the pins arent bent and are clean .

Now i have a question to ask.
How do i flash my original Hex file onto my ecu if ecu flash doesnt have definition files for the rom file, how do i make it open and flash it onto my ecu as i am testing for det now that winter is here in africa would like to assess if the change in temps will make it less prone and if i can counter act this using methanol etc etc.
Please help cheers
Adam
adamsaiyad

Re: solved problem flashing ecu and reading errors

Postby wickdrex25 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:19 pm

ecuflash will ask inherit def's from another close file you can choose but that isnt optimal as things will be a lil weird in the rom viewing it after that ..google the xml def for yours is the easiest and best way ..if you inherit it you have to reinstall ecu flash when you get the right def otherwise it'll always look to that inherited def.

as for that jumper your fix could be a potential issue for some but not all , on the MY02 wrx that jumper links back to pin 6 of the obd II port , the plug on mine was getting 12v at the red/white wire , and the blue wire goes to pin 6 , with the jumper connected my pin 6 had 12v too ..Mine is only a 2 pin flash jumper but same principal on yours and mine ...and I still get the error only Ive never been able to read or flash with my cable ..
wickdrex25

Re: solved problem flashing ecu and reading errors

Postby adamsaiyad » Tue May 03, 2011 10:56 am

Fair enough this is all still new to me, so im learning but thought i would give some advice as well, i dont quiet understand why you are having all those problems ??
Ok lets try something .
Have you successfully read another 02 or newer ecu ?
Have u successfully flashed an ecu as well?

If the answer is yes i suggest checking your wiring, going to the ecu and coming from the ecu also going through the obd port as i am certain a wire is loose or not connected properly somewhere on the four pin jumper connector ?

I cant really think of anything else but that should get us started on the right track im certain .
adamsaiyad

Return to Reflashing Software