MY02 flash/read issues ..2002 usdm wrx impreza

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

MY02 flash/read issues ..2002 usdm wrx impreza

Postby wickdrex25 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Well guys Im hoping someone here can help me , I have the tactrix 1.3U cable and im trying to flash a 2002 usdm wrx impreza heres the specs of the setup
windows 7 ultimate os
tactrix 1.3U (flashed my evo 8 perfectly on 1.42 same laptop same cable before I sold the evo)
ecuflash 1.42 (also have tried 1.3 and beta 1.43 ver.)
Car is bone stock No locked ecu has never ever been modded til now..

Heres what Ive tried , Connected the 2 green connectors on the driver side and also verifed the passenger side green connectors where hooked together , flash block in and I get 02_densobootloader cmd 5 times ,kernel get then interface closed twice ..Car will connect and log with romraider/evoscan(subiescan)..flash block removed and same deal same message and still wont connect

The car does go into test mode with the connectors hooked cel flashes and fan cycles Ive tried timing it every which way as far as timing the connect and key and nothing ,
Even went as far as to completely remove ecuflash and romraider then reinstall it 5 times including deleting every single trace of it each time , drivers install fine and Ive tried running it in vista compatibility mode,windows xp sp2 and 3 still get the same message and I installed and ran romraider and ecuflash everytime as an administrator also removed java and put on the newest version still no go.. :evil:

just to make sure it wasnt a laptop issue and because i was bored today I installed ecuflash 1.42 on my sisters new acer laptop , 2 day old computer running vista new java still the same message as on mine .. checked the pins on the cable and verified they where correct for the subaru obd2 port , also checked the cars obd2 port everythings as it should be ..

Im almost convinced the cable is a pos :roll: after posting on other sites and coming up empty with ideas..

So I called tunertools.com today and spoke with Lloyd who originally sold it to me and asked what I need to do for a next step he suggested linking him to a dedicated thread and seeing what others thought , any ideas guys will be much appreciated as I need to flash before I start the car since im now running 850cc injectors and a hybrid 2.5L engine along with tgv deletes,gt40R etc..I dont wanna wash the cylinders down and make the rings not seat.
wickdrex25

Re: MY02 flash/read issues ..2002 usdm wrx impreza

Postby TunerTools » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Keith,
Sorry, I should have asked you this when we were on the phone.
Can you double check and confirm your cable has pin 9 installed?
TunerTools

Postby wickdrex25 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Yep just Checked Lloyd it is there ,Ive read about maybe a pin has to be removed for subaru Vs. Mitsu flashing but thought it was needed for subaru?

wickdrex25

Postby TunerTools » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:14 am

That's correct, pin 9 is needed for Subaru. On a long shot I was just checking to see if we had shipped you the one with pin 9 removed. But, that would have been too easy!
TunerTools

Postby wickdrex25 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 am

Agreed it would have been too easy , this wrx project has been one headache after another why stop now haha.

Anyway I tried it again today making sure nothing else was using the same com port as the op1.3 and still didnt work so I switched from com port 4 to com port 3 just to make sure and still I get the same message on ecuflash ,

also verified on the bottom right corner of ecuflash shows that it is seeing the cable as 1.3 universal , any other ideas ?
wickdrex25

Postby TunerTools » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:35 pm

Unless someone else has a better idea, I'm ready to say let's swap this for a new interface. Return authorization RMA30876LDB

Tuner Tools llc
349 Pumpkin Hill Road
RMA30876LDB
Ledyard, CT 06339
TunerTools

Postby wickdrex25 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Ok Lloyd sounds good , if no one has any other thoughts I'll priority mail it back to ya in the morning Via usps on My way to work in my terrible rental car :lol:
wickdrex25

Return to Reflashing Software