Reflashing ECUTEK/Prodrive Rom

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Reflashing ECUTEK/Prodrive Rom

Postby Scott.T » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Is there a way I can reflash an ECUTEK ROM/Prodrive ROM in my recently purchased EDM STi 2.5
I had hoped that ECUFlash could now do this as have been using it for years on friends/collegues earlier models. Now I have a car of my own that can use ECUFlash & Romraider (previously had a MY2000 running APexi PFC), I now have to get beyond the ECUTEK lock.

please let me know of any solutions, PM if required.
Scott.T

Re: Reflashing ECUTEK/Prodrive Rom

Postby radsdau » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

EcuTek and Cobb change the security for entering flash mode so ECUFlash can't get in to read or change the maps. Of course it is possible to reflash but only after the ECU has been unlocked / ECUTEK ROM has been removed. Take it to an EcuTeK dealer and ask them to unlock it (DOUBLE CHECK they unlock it, not just put it back to stock!!!!), or use SH Boot Mode to force a factory ROM back in (or send it to someone who can).
You will lose the tuning data from the existing EcuTeK tune.
radsdau

Postby Scott.T » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 am

Thanks for the info, but knew that answer already.

Have found that the EVO guy's can use an unlocker tool running in the bacground to bypass ECUTEK licence. Just a shame there doesn't appear to be anything for the Subaru ECU.
Scott.T

Postby radsdau » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:22 pm

I don't think you're going to find that tool anywhere, although of course it's possible to write. The second someone releases that then I'm sure EcuTeK &/Or Cobb will be out with all the legal weaponry they can muster pointed at the author and perhaps this forum.
It ain't gonna be me who writes it that's for sure. For a start it's highly unethical to enable people to steal coporate IP.
radsdau

Postby Scott.T » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:04 am

radsdau wrote:For a start it's highly unethical to enable people to steal coporate IP.

Not trying to steal anything.
If anyone stole something it was ECUTek. They stole my ECU when the licence was put on it, preventing me from reprogramming it
Scott.T

Return to Reflashing Software