Tryng to update rom file from a4sgc00c to a4sge01c

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Tryng to update rom file from a4sgc00c to a4sge01c

Postby TheHighestCrew » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:22 pm

I tried to flash my rom earlier from my revision A4SGC00C for the newest subaru rom released for the 02 wrx A4SGE01C. Every time I flashed it it failed. Scared me a little bit at first but I was able to flash back to my original ROM after a few attempts. I tried it again and it failed again. When I would check it against the rom it looked like most of the rom copied and it was hanging up towards the end of the flash. My understanding was that I should be able to flash to the newest MY02 specific ROM without issues.
TheHighestCrew

Re: Tryng to update rom file from a4sgc00c to a4sge01c

Postby radsdau » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

You could have a marginally low flash voltage, although ECUFlash should warn you if you do. Check the 12V output on the OP cable (OBD pin11 IIRC; beware: Subaru pinouts are not standard). Also check the flash jumper block is ok.
radsdau

Postby TheHighestCrew » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:52 pm

radsdau wrote:You could have a marginally low flash voltage, although ECUFlash should warn you if you do. Check the 12V output on the OP cable (OBD pin11 IIRC; beware: Subaru pinouts are not standard). Also check the flash jumper block is ok.

Could the low voltage be my battery on its way out? It is deff time to change it so I am going to hit that soon. The flash block is fine. Its weird cause it flashed back over to my backup rom fine. I got the copy of the stock rom from scoobypedia so I assumed it would be good to go.
TheHighestCrew

Postby radsdau » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:29 pm

If somehow it never actually erased or rewrote the flash, then only the ROM you read out would 'appear' to reflash back in ok.
It still doesn't really explain much; the software should detect if the flash voltage is out of range.
radsdau

Return to Reflashing Software