2007 STI and OP 2.0 No Vehicle Interface

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

2007 STI and OP 2.0 No Vehicle Interface

Postby Motogpd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 pm

OK, here is the layout:
Laptop - Netbook with XP SP3, ECUFlash 1.42.2595, RomRaider 0.5.2 Beta Build#223, OpenPort 2.0
Car - 2007 STI Limited, snorkel delete, Perrin catback, placed into Test Mode (both green connectors connected, CEL flashing)

And then the problem:
I have installed all of the software and definitions according to the RomRaider FAQ. I have what appear to be the latest versions of both sets of software and the latest definitions. I have not been able to get the software to recognize the OP2 cable. Windows XP shows the OP2 as a hard drive (when the microSD is in) and as a Vehicle Passthru under Device Manager (with microSD and without). When I plug in the OP2 into my car, it begins the slow cascade of the three LEDs but will not show up as connected in either ECUFlash or RomRaider. I know the OP2 is reading from the ECU because it will standalone datalog perfectly fine. It just will not interface with either bit of software, though it shows up fine in Windows (and I did the No to Windows Update and Install Driver Automatically when I first plugged in the OP2 and then again when I plugged in the OP2 with microSD).

ECUFlash appears to load fine (no errors on the main screen), as does RomRaider. ECUFlash shows No Vehicle Interface on the main screen when connected to the STI through the OP2. Romraider shows no selectable COM port (though I have read this is normal with OP2.0).

I have done multiple uninstall and reinstalls of ECUFlash, RomRaider and all definition files. Still no joy.

So does anyone have any idea why I cannot communicate through the software to the ECU?
Motogpd

Return to Reflashing Software