Adjusting boost on 2004 WRX.

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Adjusting boost on 2004 WRX.

Postby EuroKid83 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:29 am

Wondering if I could get some help with adjusting the boost map/curve on a 2004 WRX. I just got done with a complete rebuild on a friends 2004 WRX, has about 1500 miles on the motor at this point. Has a cat back exhaust, 2.5" stainless up pipe, the rest is stock. He has plans for bigger and better mods in the future. What he would like to do for now is tune it so full boost comes on sooner through all the forward gears. What I'm wondering is how involved will it be to make this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
EuroKid83

Re: Adjusting boost on 2004 WRX.

Postby Knifey » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:35 pm

You're not going to see the same max boost in x gear as you will in y gear. It's just a limitation of how Subaru's boost control works. You can get damn close, but it'll never be perfect. If you have it set to make target boost perfectly in 2nd gear, you'll probably be way over in 5th. Per-gear compensations can be done with a Group-N ROM, but that's not something you want to be touching if you're new to tuning.

Also, you'll need to be touching more than the target boost tables. WGDC tables will need some tuning as well. You mentioned this was a newly rebuilt motor. I would definitely NOT run much boost until it is broken in. I hope that you've been doing that from the start of break-in...

I would recommend you start by reading and understanding this: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopi ... =25&t=1814

And in the future, there's usually a lot more help with tuning-related questions on the RomRaider forums.
Knifey

Return to Reflashing Software