How to know if ECU is locked ?

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

How to know if ECU is locked ?

Postby Evo's are cool » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:20 am

Hello all,

I've got a problem with a EVO 6.5TME ecu. It has the 7203F chip on the PCB. I can't read or test write to the ECU. I can't compare to the ecu either. I've check wiring and am now on my second OP2.0 cable. I'm using the beta 1.43.300 open ecu software.

How can I tell if the ECU has been reflashed with ECUtek before ? It is a 2nd/3rd/4th hand vehicle so there is no documented vehicle history.

thanks for looking

David
Evo's are cool

Re: How to know if ECU is locked ?

Postby radsdau » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 pm

It is possible the ECU is locked, but I'm not sure how the locking works on these (if it is possible). Try ECU Unlocker (activematrix). Otherwise try and find someone with a setup that is known working, and put your ECU in that situation (car, or bench setup etc). At the moment it sounds like you can't discount faulty wiring or OP2 cable.
radsdau

Postby Evo's are cool » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:28 am

So far i'm on my 2nd OP2.0 cable for a different reason(EVO X OBD2 plug is in bad spot and I kicked the cable and connector straight off the original OP2.0 cable), Have done continuity checks on all the wires from both 12pin(only 1 wire) and 16pin connectors. Presuming my ignition has been on for like 10seconds or more the engine light isn't illuminated although does come "on" when I go through the process on the laptop.

I don't know of any Evolution 6.5 TME's in my area. Have tried flashing with a battery charger connected to vehicle and also the laptop 240v power connected too. No help. I will try log the ecu with evoscan tomorrow as I have had success on other Evo's.

This thing has had issues in the past as the ECU case has "Evo 6 TME exchange" written on it. I opened the case and it has the 7302F chip not the 7202 on the board. Have tried everything on the drop down menu for reading. Have a copy of a TME file from another website and try to comparison and test write to ECU but still no luck.

Will check the wiring tomorrow once more to be sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Evo's are cool

Postby radsdau » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 pm

This is sounding difficult. Try manually providing the programming voltage (15-18V IIRC).
radsdau

Return to Reflashing Software