Issues connecting to 2002 WRX ECU

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Issues connecting to 2002 WRX ECU

Postby nurzo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Hello,

I am using an Openport 2.0/Tactrix
I have downloaded Download EcuFlash 1.42.2595 for Windows Vista.
I open the base map I have in Ecuflash, open map, plug cable in, connect two cables under the dash together (next to jump cable plug under dash drivers side).
I have never been able to connect to the ECU. The write to ECU tab is never highlighted.
Not sure if this is a driver issue or more. Not sure on how to set them up anyway even though I have downloaded them it does not seem to prompt me to do so anyway.
Any help gladly accepted.
Thank you,

Mark
nurzo

Re: Issues connecting to 2002 WRX ECU

Postby aowie1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm having the same (but slightly different) issue. So maybe we can help each other or someone else can chime in.

As stated here:http://www.i-club.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=4
You need a reflash connector to bridge the connection on your green one under the dash. you can purchase this tactrix's website, or just make your own.
This is for 02-03 wrx's only though

As for me, I can data log with Rom Raider, but ECUFlash fails to ever connect. So maybe you can follow my lead to at least get to my point nurzo.

Here's what I've done to debug thus far:
-installed correct drivers
-checked to see if USB port functions correctly
-set my COM port to bitrate of 4800 (this is the same as the baude rate for the 02-03 WRX)
*I read somewhere I need to set the correct COM in 'options' but I couldnt find any such option within ecuFlash
-secured tactrix cable on both ends
-started ecuFlash
-Made sure key is turned to ON
-Clicked OK in ecuFlash to begin the connection attempt
-Then this is the screenshot i have after a failed connection attempt:
ecuFlash_error.JPG
ecuFlash_error
ecuFlash_error.JPG (40.79 KiB) Viewed 5833 times
aowie1

Postby TheHighestCrew » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:52 am

did you ever find a solution to your problem? The code you showed as an example is exactly what I get every time I try to read my rom image on my 02 WRX. I did the same went through the entire "Windows vista/7" install procedure deleting and reinstalling everything exactly and I still get that error every time from ecuflash.
TheHighestCrew

Postby TheHighestCrew » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:36 pm

So after tracing my wiring it turns out a wire got pulled out of the back of one of the green connectors, but was still staying attached so it was hard to notice. upon fixing it I can now pull the rom. I would advise checking your test mode connections.
TheHighestCrew

Postby danny1058 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:38 pm

hello i have one of those cars, wrx 02, YOU HAVE ANOTHER GREEN CABLE on passenger side in the right, conected and you can reflash your car... good luck
danny1058

Return to Reflashing Software