GC8 MY01 Urgent Idle Speed Guidance!

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

GC8 MY01 Urgent Idle Speed Guidance!

Postby MaXThReAT » Thu May 20, 2010 12:26 am

Hi there all. It has been a while, a very long while. It's been almost two years since I've used OpenECU so I've been out of the loop for some time. Great new forums, people and progress so I hope you can give me some urgent help. I’ve had to replace my battery and reset the ECU... meaning I lost the idle speed change I made to compensate for my cams two years ago, with OpenECU, on a work XP machine that I no longer have. I changed the battery late today and I have an interview tomorrow...well today I guess, since its 2am. Shes been down for almost five months. I've searched, a lot and everything is EVO this and WRX that and I'm all about old school GC8. I successfully install ECUFlash 1422595 on my Vista64 desktop but I'm not even sure if it's the same as OpenECU or what I need to do in order to change the idle speed anymore and save it. My GF has a Vista64 laptop and I have my Tactrix Cable and for my long drive during rush hour I must reset my ECU and change the idle speed due to the cams, let it re-learn and warm up before 2pm. Like I said it's 2am and I need help. I have zero idea what the capabilities are of the new versions or if they will even works with my ECU anymore. I hope you guys can give me some much needed advice. I'll be awake soon and thanks in advance!

I don't know why my sig isn't working so here U go.

Re: GC8 MY01 Urgent Idle Speed Guidance!

Postby hahahaha » Thu May 20, 2010 11:32 am

google ecu explorer . exe use that to bump your idle speed
hahahaha

Re: GC8 MY01 Urgent Idle Speed Guidance!

Postby MaXThReAT » Thu May 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Awesome that's all I apparently needed to hear. Brought it all back. I got ECUflash installed and ECUexplorer and I also remembered SCAN TECH OBDII tool. I was able to get the idle speed changed back and all is well. I had totally forgot it was actually ECUexplorer that I used. Thanks hahahaha, you rock.
MaXThReAT

Return to Reflashing Software