Cannot read full ROM image from Evo VIII

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Cannot read full ROM image from Evo VIII

Postby 2JZfan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:29 am

I have a cable I bought 11/2006, I believe it is v1.3. Looks like this: Image

I used it a few times back when I first got it but then I ended up getting an AEM for my car. Yesterday I was trying to help a friend read his stock ROM and I could never get it to fully download the image. It would start the read but would always fail after a while. Each time it would fail at a different address, but according to the log it was definitely reading data prior to failing. Once it failed then it wouldn't read any more at all until the key was turned off and the main relay was allowed to shut off. I'm running Win 7 x64 on my laptop now, whereas a few years ago I had XP x86. A google search on EvoM turned up some people claiming it might be a bad cable, but considering how few times this thing has been used I found that hard to believe. Could it be an issue with Win 7 x64? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff
2JZfan

Re: Cannot read full ROM image from Evo VIII

Postby radsdau » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Who knows what driver issues you'll have with 64-bit Win7. These cables do fail (I've seen Subaru L-Line and 12V fail more than once) but my guess is the new PC is the likely cause of the problem, not the hardware.
radsdau

Return to Reflashing Software