OpenPort 2.0 and OS X (and EcuFlash for 1.4x for OS X) ???

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

OpenPort 2.0 and OS X (and EcuFlash for 1.4x for OS X) ???

Postby racerwrx » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:17 pm

I recently replaced my MIA OpenPort 1.3 cable with a new OpenPort 2.0 (it arrived this week), only to find that it appears to not be supported by the EcuFlash 1.38 release for OS X.

Are there any updates / instructions that I'm missing for either (a) an updated OS X (or Linux) port of EcuFlash, or (b) getting OpenPort 2.0 hardware working with EcuFlash 1.38 on OS X, or (c) the source code to EcuFlash so I can poke around and try to build it / patch what's needed.

[Sucks for me, but I didn't see anything on the Tactrix site about OpenPort 2.0 not working with the OS X release, and the 2.0 is the only hardware still for sale. Very not cool.]
racerwrx

Re: OpenPort 2.0 and OS X (and EcuFlash for 1.4x for OS X) ???

Postby racerwrx » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:52 am

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to kick off a platform battle here (I do have BootCamp and can use EcuFlash from there -- it's just inconvenient.) My main point is that the Tactrix site only sells the OpenPort 2.0... and only offers EcuFlash 1.38 for OS X... but doesn't mention that the two don't work together. It's a little misleading (and could be easily fixed with some copy.)

Since there was previously an OS X build, I'm just curious whether or not there is any effort being put toward getting the 1.4x release compiling on both platforms again (and potentially Linux as well), or if OS X support was just a one-time thing.

Cheers!
racerwrx

Return to Reflashing Software