ECU not engaging into flash mode when connected

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECU not engaging into flash mode when connected

Postby rageingrabbit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:04 pm

hi guys,
I have just got a 2001WRX UK300 and was looking forward to being able to do the doing the mapping on it myself, as i have already have the openport 2 and OS software, but just my luck, nothing is ever easy - When i connect the flash mode connector it does not register with the ecu,
I have tested all the connections-all test ok and logged the state of the green test mode connections (as a comparison test )and they can be seen connecting and disconnecting in real time in the logger window but the flash mode when connected just stays negative and doesn't change state.

would a locked rom (like ecutek etc) cause his to happen?

also on the ecu connections the maf signal and maf ground wires, appears to be a resistor inline in the signal wire with another wire coming from it tapped into to the maf grnd wire,is this a enrichment resistor like the crappy things on ebay? ive tried logging a/f with and without it and it doesn't make any difference to the flash mode state and does not seem to effect the fuel maps either.
if it is then - why would someone want to put a fuel resistor on a remapped ecu anyway?
rageingrabbit

Return to Reflashing Software