2004 STi ECU without immo?

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

2004 STi ECU without immo?

Postby hackish » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:50 pm

I have a friend who swapped a complete 2004 powertrain into his legacy GT. The wiring for the computers are identical but he can't get the car to start with the STi ecu. I would prefer to start with tuning the '04 ECU because the tables are better known and it matches the engine exactly. With that ECU plugged in I get an HC error on the dash and ecuflash will not talk to the ECU at all. The legacy GT ecu runs the car OK (haven't hooked a wideband to it yet)

Does this sound like an immo problem? The original key is available as the powertrain came from another friend's car. I suggested getting a cheap key cut then hold the original STi key at the ignition and turn the key on with the cheapo to see if that works. In my experience most immo codes are stored on an eeprom on the ECU but have they been figured out?

-Michael
hackish

Re: 2004 STi ECU without immo?

Postby absubtle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 pm

04 USDM STI ECU, DOES NOT HAVE IMMOBI! I bricked my 05 Forester XT, which does have immobilizer. I bought a 04 STI ECU, because it doesn't have immobi. Also, I had to swap 4 wires (8 wires total) for my car to start and operate properly. It maybe p-n-p, but might have to swap some wires on 04 legacy.
Absubtle
CO
absubtle

Re: 2004 STi ECU without immo?

Postby hackish » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:14 am

Apparently all the wires were checked. The ECU came from a working car. When we plug it in there is an error on the dash error HC. I know the legacy GT has an immobi (MY2005) because we took a hardware store key and it would not start with the factory ECU. Proper key it fired right up.

-Michael
hackish

Return to Reflashing Software