Unknown ROM Image

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Unknown ROM Image

Postby brocksdad » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 pm

I just downloaded version 1.4 for ECU flash and when I try to open any ROM image I get an error message. I tried running as admin, but still no luck. I'm using Vista. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

brocksdad

Postby Freon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Your car is not supported in the definition files. There is no XML that points ECUFlash to where the fueling, timing, boost control, etc. maps are inside the ROM image.

If it is a Subaru, you can download updated definition files here to increase your chances of covering your car:
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php ... ght=#19441

Not all cars have definition files.
Freon

Postby brocksdad » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:30 pm

It is an 02 WRX, A4SGEO1C. Everything worked fine when I had 1.35 installed. Then I upgraded to 1.40 and I cannot open any ROM image, 05 STi, 06 WRX, Stock ROM's. I tried putting 1.35 back on my laptop and I get the same thing.
brocksdad

Postby merchgod » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:06 pm

brocksdad wrote:It is an 02 WRX, A4SGEO1C. Everything worked fine when I had 1.35 installed. Then I upgraded to 1.40 and I cannot open any ROM image, 05 STi, 06 WRX, Stock ROM's. I tried putting 1.35 back on my laptop and I get the same thing.

You need to change the rommetadata directory back to where the defs are, something like c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetadata. When you install Ecuflash over another version, it keeps your old rommetadata path, which you have set to something on the desktop. Go to file->options to change it.
merchgod

Postby brocksdad » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:28 pm

merchgod wrote:You need to change the rommetadata directory back to where the defs are, something like c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetadata. When you install Ecuflash over another version, it keeps your old rommetadata path, which you have set to something on the desktop. Go to file->options to change it.

Thanks a ton. That was it. Now I can get back to tuning my 3" blow-thru. :D
brocksdad

Return to Reflashing Software