CAN Flash complete, but changes ineffective

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

CAN Flash complete, but changes ineffective

Postby benw » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Been jonesin' a long time for this cable and now that it's out, my first target was a 2008 Legacy Spec-B with a weak 6500 RPM rev limit. I edited the map for 7100 and went out on the road, and the rev limit is still cutting in at 6500.

Read from ECU was fine. Pulled the map off over a month ago during OpenPort 2.0 development. Reflashed today with EcuFlash 1.39 and no issues.

The car has a UTEC Delta 003 as well, but the rev limit on that box is set for 7500. It never worked in the first place, either.
benw

Postby merchgod » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:38 am

Post your map up (the one you read back from the car after flashing). I would take off the UTEC temporarily just to make sure - if the UTEC is controlling fueling, I'm not sure why you would get fuel cut in the first place if you raised the rev limit on the UTEC.
merchgod

Postby benw » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:34 pm

here is the map with my changes.

The UTEC's rev limit function never worked on this car. Called TurboXS and they said "it should work" and never gave me any more support than that. The rev limiter is currently set at 7200 on the UTEC, I just verified.
Attachments
Rev 0 - rev limit increased.hex
rev limit increased and rev limit fuel resume (boost) changed
(1 MiB) Downloaded 741 times
benw

Postby merchgod » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:04 am

Well, like I said, I would remove the UTEC if just to do one run to see if the UTEC is the problem or not. You can also log IPW#1 to see if the fuel cut is commanded by the ECU.
merchgod

Postby benw » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm

I will set the UTEC to position "0" which is stock mode, and see what happens. Thanks!
benw

Postby absubtle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Hey Merchgod, might want to correct me if I am wrong... But the Drive-by-wire Requested Torque maps, doesn't those rpm values need to also increase. I think the car is not hitting rev limiter, the throttle is just closing. I noticed the Requested Torque last value is still set at 6500.

Absubtle
CO
absubtle

Postby benw » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:30 pm

absubtle wrote:Hey Merchgod, might want to correct me if I am wrong... But the Drive-by-wire Requested Torque maps, doesn't those rpm values need to also increase. I think the car is not hitting rev limiter, the throttle is just closing. I noticed the Requested Torque last value is still set at 6500.

Absubtle
CO

I think you're absolutely right... looking into the drive by wire tables and sure enough there's a cap at 6500. extending the bottom line of values in the table should be good to whatever RPM we want. I'll try this and let you know!!
benw

Postby merchgod » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:44 am

absubtle wrote:Hey Merchgod, might want to correct me if I am wrong... But the Drive-by-wire Requested Torque maps, doesn't those rpm values need to also increase. I think the car is not hitting rev limiter, the throttle is just closing. I noticed the Requested Torque last value is still set at 6500.

Absubtle
CO

That is true - I was assuming he was hitting a fuel cut which would feel quite different than the throttle plate closing some.
merchgod

Postby benw » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:34 pm

merchgod wrote:

Absubtle
CO

That is true - I was assuming he was hitting a fuel cut which would feel quite different than the throttle plate closing some.

it actually feels quite the same... hard to explain. Will try this out and let you guys know the outcome.

I'm also going to install a 05 STI-esque DBW map in the "sport sharp" mode and see how the owner likes it. The stock 2008 Spec-B DBW settings are horribly lethargic... even sport sharp mode.
benw

Re: CAN Flash complete, but changes ineffective

Postby absubtle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:00 pm

benw wrote:Been jonesin' a long time for this cable and now that it's out, my first target was a 2008 Legacy Spec-B with a weak 6500 RPM rev limit. I edited the map for 7100 and went out on the road, and the rev limit is still cutting in at 6500.

Read from ECU was fine. Pulled the map off over a month ago during OpenPort 2.0 development. Reflashed today with EcuFlash 1.39 and no issues.

The car has a UTEC Delta 003 as well, but the rev limit on that box is set for 7500. It never worked in the first place, either.

Any update?
Absubtle
CO
absubtle

Postby benw » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:11 pm

changes to the DBW map have allowed a higher redline. tuning is complete... FP Green 8cm, FMIC, EWG, Aquamist. Fun car!
benw

Return to Reflashing Software