Help =x

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Help =x

Postby Kurisu » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:42 am

Hey everyone,

I'm new to ECU Flash, and I was trying to pull the rom off my 2006 Lancer M/T the other day. It wouldn't read the rom at all, even though I had the definition files that people had posted up. However, when I went to uninstall my current version of ecuflash for a different version, my car just all of a sudden went dead. Stereo wouldn't work, lights dont work, and the car does not crank. My question is this: Does anybody have the map for a 2006 M/T Lancer, and what do you guys think I can do to save my car?

Thanks so much in advance.
Kurisu

Postby Freon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:03 am

Sure your battery isn't dead?

I don't see how just changing the ECUflash version on your laptop would make your car not work unless you started to flash it with a bad map. I think you're leaving out several steps between the two. You can throw your laptop off a cliff and it won't psychically break your car.

Can you give a more detailed account of what you have done up to the point where the car is not working? Your account does not follow.

I do not think just reading can cause big problems like this. Maybe you can just try to reset the ECU? Disconnect the ground on your battery, pump the brake pedal a few times, hook it back up and try again. If the base flash has not been touched it should be fine.

There may be a stock ROM for your car posted on this forum BUT, you should always pull your stock ROM successfully first before trying to load some ROM you found elsewhere. Somehow this process isn't working for you. It doesn't make sense that your car wouldn't start if you never flashed it so you need post more accurately what you've done before trying to just load some other ROM.
Freon

Postby Kurisu » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:53 pm

I found out a short while after I posted this that my battery was dead. So anybody up for making me a definition file? lol.

http://www.thelinkup.com/shared/oma3ohg2xpp5

Thanks =)
Kurisu

Return to Reflashing Software