ECU Flash on Linux Screenshots

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECU Flash on Linux Screenshots

Postby Tgui » Tue May 06, 2008 7:40 am

Well, not that I actually tried the flashing portion, as I'm sure it won't work, I'll try later though.

Just a little wine action ;) Map editing works fairly well, though with some visual issues when entering 3D mode.

Sorry to get any hopes up, LOL

Take care!
-Eric-
Tgui

Postby Synx » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:39 am

Old, but needs a bump unless its already be solved. I have nothing but linux machines now, and need to get back and work on the map on my car. Anyone have any success flashing under wine? My cable has full support with the FTDI driver under ubuntu.

Once i get the bulkhead wiring harness plugged back in tonight ill try and read the rom and see what i can get.
Synx

Re: ECU Flash on Linux Screenshots

Postby Bizko1288 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

I have to bump this again.

Has anyone flashed successfully with Linux?

I know it is not a cable issue because my RomRaider works great. Is it an issue with Wine?
Bizko1288

Postby radsdau » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 pm

If anything it'll be the USB drivers for OP2. Looks like ECUFlash itself runs ok under WINE, from those pics.
I don't know the issues involved in getting the drivers working, if it is even possible.
radsdau

Postby Bizko1288 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Yes, I can vouch for wine working for everything once the ROM is already saved on the computer. Sometimes it is a little finicky, but it works.

Can you explain a little about the possible driver issue? I am pretty new to computer software/anything other than a GUI.

I am still on 1.3, and trying to connect to a 2005 sti. I have read that there are more problems with 2.0 linking to Linux, but 1.3 was still working for logging for me and other people. So is just something that is not communicating with Wine. I'll keep trouble shooting and post results if I find anything.
Bizko1288

Return to Reflashing Software