Help: ecuFlash 1.3x with Tactrix 1.3M on subaru

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Help: ecuFlash 1.3x with Tactrix 1.3M on subaru

Postby BoxerFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Could anyone advise me if ecuFlash 1.3# supported with Tactrix 1.3M on Subaru cars?

I have tried many times to use ecuFlash 1.3# (including the latest) with the 1.3M cable to read the ROM from a Subaru LGT but never succeeded.

I am now using ecuFlash 1.29 with the 1.3M cable, and all works well (able to read and reflash ROM). Am using WinXP laptop.

Is there any code introduced since ver 1.3 of ecuFlash, checking on cable type / car type thus could be preventing it from working?

Thanks for any help.
BoxerFan

Postby Freon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:01 pm

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title= ... cleSupport

Exactly what Subaru model? Year? Market? The 1.3M does not work on the 16bit ECU models. It should work on all 2.5L Turbo DBW models up to 2006, and the 2007 STI. 2007+ LGT in the US is the new CAN bus, 2008+ WRX and STI are as well. Those are not supported by any cable or software here, yet.

That said, it should work on any <=2006 USDM 2.5L DBW LGT at least. Did you connect the green test connector?
Freon

Postby RaceFaceXC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:37 pm

I am having trouble connecting to the ECU with ECU Flash 1.34 in my 2007 Impreza 2.5i (N/A) I dont know if the ECU is 16 bit or not. When I attemp to connect it gives me an error and if i have the engine running it kills the engine and gives the error. Both trigger a CEL which is cleared by removing the key and then restarting. Can I even use this with my N/A impreza? Any suggestions? Thanks!
RaceFaceXC

Postby imprezarsx » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:12 pm

DO NOT CONNECT WITH ECU FLASH WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING!
imprezarsx

Postby BoxerFan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:18 am

Freon wrote:http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=EcuFlash:VehicleSupport

Exactly what Subaru model? Year? Market? The 1.3M does not work on the 16bit ECU models. It should work on all 2.5L Turbo DBW models up to 2006, and the 2007 STI. 2007+ LGT in the US is the new CAN bus, 2008+ WRX and STI are as well. Those are not supported by any cable or software here, yet.

That said, it should work on any <=2006 USDM 2.5L DBW LGT at least. Did you connect the green test connector?

Here are the details of my setup:

Car: Legacy GT 2.0
Year: 2004
Market: Australian Spec
Driver: CDM

Observations:
ecuXplorer logging -> PASS
enginuity logging -> PASS
ecuFlash 1.29 read ROM -> PASS (using STI04 method)
ecuFlash 1.29 write ROM -> PASS (using STI04 method)
ecuFlash 1.30 read ROM -> FAIL
:
ecuFlash 1.34 read ROM -> FAIL

Am just wondering if the above is due to the 1.3M cable, or changes to ecuFlash 1.3X code. I am now stuck with using ecuFlash 1.29 to reflash my ECU, and unable to use the newer software releases. :(
BoxerFan

Postby Freon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Try installing 1.30 or 1.34 to a new directory.
Freon

Postby Jon [in CT] » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:42 pm

Here's a suggestion for Windows XP from http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Knowledge/RomRaiderAndReflashingFAQ, with some modifications by me.
Some users have encountered issues when upgrading to newer versions of EcuFlash from previous versions of EcuFlash. The solution is to completely uninstall EcuFlash and all related drivers:
  • Unplug the OpenPort cable from your computer.
  • Uninstall all versions of EcuFlash using Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. Delete all EcuFlash shortcuts on your desktop and in the start menu.
  • Remove any windows driver packages, using Add/Remove Programs, that are labeled as FTDI, Tactrix or OpenPort (typically one group of five drivers).
  • Reboot the computer.
  • Download and install the latest EcuFlash version.
  • Disconnect from the Internet.
  • Plug the OpenPort cable into your computer.
  • When Windows tells you it has found new hardware and asks whether it can connect to Windows Update to search for software, check the "No, not this time" box and click Next to proceed.
  • Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click Next to proceed.
  • Select "Search for the best driver in these locations" and enter the EcuFlash drivers' file path in the combo-box (e.g. C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\drivers) or browse to it by clicking the browse button. Once the file path has been entered in the box, click Next to proceed.
  • When it’s done, you’ll get a message that your new hardware is ready to use (in the lower right hand corner).
  • Reconnect to the Internet.
  • Install latest EcuFlash Subaru ROM definitions from http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3031.
Jon [in CT]

Return to Reflashing Software