Weird problem with ecuflash reading Evo IX

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Weird problem with ecuflash reading Evo IX

Postby mscorei » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:14 am

Hello, I have installed EcuFlash 1.29 and 1.30 on 2 different laptops, 1 with vista, the other with xp. When I read the car rom (EVO IX), everything goes perfect, but if I look at the stionary rev limit it says 2125!!! But my car still launches at 5000 rpm. So, If I change that value to 5500, it still launches at 5000 rpm. On the evolutionm.net forum, they said that is something with the definition files. I did not changed the default settings. Please help me and explain how to make EcuFlash read my ecu correctly, because I cannot flash my car if it reads wrong!!! :(
mscorei

Postby Freon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:32 am

There are XML files in the /rommetadata folders that tell ECUflash where inside the ROM file various data is stored. You can browse (c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetadata\ ) and look at the XML files in notepad or any text editor if you are curious how they work. However, you should NOT change what is in these and save them unless you *really* know what you're doing. So look, don't touch.

What you describe just means the definition does not correctly define the stationary rev limit map. You should not change it. In the future if you pull a ROM and see a map that looks completely wrong, don't touch it. It could control something else in the ECU. Set that map back to what you found. Clearly 2125 is not right, so that must be a value mislabeled that does something else.

Why did you mention having two laptops with different ECUflash versions? You did not relate that to your problem, though it seems you intended to. Does it show the rev limit correct on one version but incorrect on the other? If it shows correctly in 1.30 but no 1.29, it just means the XML file was fixed in the newer version and you should use that.

When you install ECUFlash it backs up your old /rommetadata folder and creates a fresh new one with the latest XML definitions.
Freon

Postby mscorei » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:33 pm

sorry, will explain better now. I have first tried with ecuflash 1.30 with windows vista. I saw that error so I thought that might be because of the operating system, version of ecuflash, etc. So I have installed EcuFlash 1.29 to another laptop with windows xp and got the same value in the rev limiter 2125!!!
mscorei

Postby Freon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Ok. Either way, the XML is pointing to the wrong spot for the stationary rev limiter. The easiest way to fix that would probably ask in the appropriate EVO specific sub forum here, or ask on the EvoM ECUflash subforum for a fixed XML.
Freon

Postby got boost? » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:35 am

here is the solution.

http://www.neufgiga.com/index.php?m=...60c0 9f244227 Download that definition file

and then change this <table name="Stationary Rev Limit" address="274a" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

Works fine for me now :wink:
got boost?

Return to Reflashing Software