Please Help car won't start evo8

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Please Help car won't start evo8

Postby sweater » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi, I'm new to the reflash world. I downloaded ecuflash and tried it in my car. I reflashed it without saving my old file. Now my car doesn't start. I think because I didn't put the correct immobilizer code from my original ecu. I used one of those maps that you see in the forum for this. Now I got a stock ROM file but I don't know how to obtain my original immobilizer code which I erased when I flashed it in the beginning. Would like to find out how can I obtain original immobilizer code. Thanks for the help
sweater

Postby radsdau » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Only one word for this: "d'oh!"
PLEASE everyone learn a lesson from this- ALWAYS save your stock ROM first!!!!
radsdau

Postby mtcavity » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:12 pm

You need to take it to the dealership, they might have the immobilizer code. Do you know what ROM ID you need (factory)?

What is the year, model, county of purchace and trim?
mtcavity

Postby sweater » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:25 pm

It is a 2003 Lancer evo8 USDM. I took it to 3 dealerships already and they were asking me about the serial no that is suppose to be in the outside ecu box but wasn't there. Now I opened the ecu but I still cant find the rom id no. (whih normally starts with the 9 on evo8s). I wonder if they were asking for the serial no printed on the ciruit bord. By the way the 2 dealerships that I went know only knows of the immobilizer code on embedded on the key. They don't seem to know about the one on the ecu. Only one guy knows. Please input on someone with experience with this. thanks.
sweater

Return to Reflashing Software