ecuflash unable to read any rom files

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ecuflash unable to read any rom files

Postby jdk » Wed May 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Maybe someone might know whats happening w/ my ecuflash...I recently flashed my car w/ injector changes (different injectors) and the jdm map sensor specs/rom change. I then went to read another Evo's ecu and no choices were visible in the "connect to ecu" display window. I then took it upon myself to save my files and delete/reinstall ecuflash and know ecuflash can't read my previous ROM files...its telling me its an unknown ROM Image and wants me to set it up to read it.Any idea to whats happening?It also can't read a stock evo's ecu...says the same thing.
jdk

Postby sub7 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:20 am

Check the xml files
sub7

Postby jdk » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:03 pm

What am I looking for in those files? I would of thought uninstalling/reinstalling ecuflash on my computer would fix whatever is causing the problem.Let me know what to look for.Thanks
jdk

Postby jdk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:45 am

ok..found the problem.My metadata file location changed by itself adding templates on the end of rommedata/templates. I just deleted templates and now reads my files again.Not sure why ECUflash changed it but uninstalling/reinstalling didn't seem to help.Thanks
jdk

Return to Reflashing Software