Help! No throttle after reflash

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Help! No throttle after reflash

Postby kascade1 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:01 pm

I finally had a chance yesterday to test out an ADM MY06 XT but experienced some issues that I haven't seen or heard of before.

Basically, I was able to read from and write to the ecu without any problems. However when we started the car after reflashing it immediately when into a sort of "limp" mode. This was characterized by:
- CEL and flashing cruise light
- AFR unmoving at 20.33
- No fuel trims
- Idle of about 1500rpm
- Zero throttle response - TPS stuck at about 11%

Needless to say it was undriveable. I tried resetting the ecu via ecuExplorer but that had no effect. I then disconnected the battery for a few minutes. After reconnecting the battery, the car started fine and responded to throttle input. AFR was normal at 14.7, fuel trims were working correctly and idle was normal at ~750rpm. All seemed to be back to normal, with the exception of the CEL and flashing cruise which remained. Unfortunately, ecuExplorer couldn't pick up what the CEL was - I need to get a proper OBD-II scan tool.

The CEL and flashing cruise eventually went away after about five start/stop cycles of the engine.

The strange thing is it didn't matter which rom I would flash to the car (modded or stock), each time it would go into limp mode and we'd have to go through the above procedure to get it out.

I was using ecuflash 1.30 and it was using flashmethod "sti05". The stock and modified roms that were used and both had this problem are attached.

Has anyone seen or heard of this before?? Any ideas what is going on?
Attachments
A8DH100M.hex
Stock rom
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1029 times
001.hex
Modified rom
(1 MiB) Downloaded 571 times
kascade1

Postby kascade1 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:55 pm

Problem resolved. See here: http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?p=18239#18239

It seems there is an issue with roms that are read or written from ADM 06 XT's with EcuFlash 1.30. Most likely a driver issue.
kascade1

Return to Reflashing Software