Version 1.3 works on ADM 07 STi!

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Version 1.3 works on ADM 07 STi!

Postby fungoolie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Only problem is that I had to inherit a definition in ECUFlash when I downloaded my ROM image. The ROM reads fine in Enginuity though. Can someone explain if I will have a problem if I try to reflash my modified ROM that was edited in Enginuity? Which model year should I use to inherit the ROM definition from?

Thanks and Cheers
David
fungoolie

ROM from ADM 07 STi

Postby fungoolie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:34 pm

Here is the ROM from my ADM 07 STi. The latest Enginuity definitions already support it but I didn't have any luck using ver 1.30 of ECUFlash.Could the definition for this ROM be included in ECUFlash at some time in the future please? If not, which definition would it be safest to inherit from so that I run minimal risk of killing my ECU when I reflash?

Thanks

David
Attachments
ADM2007 STi AM510 ECU.hex
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1203 times
fungoolie

Postby merchgod » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 pm

just make sure the flash method is sti05 in your rom's xml file (ecuflash\rommetadata). you don't need table defs to flash. Even if the table defs are wrong as long as the flash method is correct and you don't edit and save within Ecuflash, you can flash with it no problem.
merchgod

Postby fungoolie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Thanks Merchgod. So MY05 STi hey! Lucky you got back to me on that as I think I would have opted for the MY06 flash method.

So just to make doubly sure.
When I reopen that ROM image in ECUFlash it asks me to inherit from the definition below. I choose sti05base (not that this really matters when reflashing).

Then it asks me to choose the reflashing method that this ECU uses and I select sti05. (This is my only choice I note).

Then it asks me to define where the unique ID data in the rom image is and I let it default to address hex 2000 and length 8 bytes and identifier A8DK100V.

Then it asks for ROM info. All fields are blank except for XML ID which is A8DK100V.

Hope that's all OK. If so I'll have a go tonight.

When I downloaded the image I inherited the def of a 2006 STi. I might try again tonight and use MY05 STi definition and see if ECUFlash makes more sense of the image.

Sorry to be so pedantic but I'm just a bit paranoid about making my 4 week old ECU a paperweight so early in the piece. I think if more had ventured before me on this particular model I'd feel a bit more confident especially since this is also the first time I've attempted this on any car.

Thanks again

David
fungoolie

Postby merchgod » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:13 am

There are only four flash methods - wrx02, wrx04, sti04, and sti05. You need to find the A8DK100V.xml file in the ecuflash\rommetadata directory and open it with a text editor. Make sure the flash method tag indicates sti05.
merchgod

Postby fungoolie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:51 am

It does. Thankyou very much Merchgod.

Cheers

David
fungoolie

ECUFlash different hex to ECUEdit and Enginuity?

Postby scooby34v » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi Merchgod and Fungoolie,

Just been reading your Q&A's on the topic of flashing an MY07 ADM STi, and being new to this I have a question you good gent's might be able to answer please?

I read from the ECU no problem with ECUFlash, the hex image is as standard (exact as Fungoolie's) and I can open and edit using ECUEdit and Enginuity.

I though of starting with the very basics to ensure the programs edit correctly and the hex image is kept correct (checksums etc) so I adjusted the idle values with Enginuity, saved and opened in ECUEdit and vice-versa and both displayed the correct information as changed.

Now, when I viewed the idle tables in ECUFlash (sanity check prior to flashing to the car ECU) the table is far from what Enginuity and ECUEdit show? So what is happening here? Have you experienced this? Also the Target Boost tables in ECUFlash do not show the correct number of columns or values as Enginuity and ECUEdit do?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Many thanks,
Scooby34v.
scooby34v

Return to Reflashing Software