openecu help please :)

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

openecu help please :)

Postby jimb0b » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Im currently developing an .xml for openecu for the pre96 impreza (specifically my93 at the moment) i have most of the maps and a few other things, but cant figure out how to add the correct scale ie rpm on the maps, can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this or maybe a decent help file ? Also how do i get it to recognise the rom, i think this has something to do with a specific byte sequence somewhere ?

any help appreciated

btw i will gladly share this when done if anyone wants it.
jimb0b

Postby Freon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Usually the row and column headers are immediately before the data. Column header first (like engine load, or throttle angle), then row header, then data.

I don't know enough about the pre96. You may have to guess how many bytes are in each element. I would assume 2 byte. So if you have a 16x14 map, count back 16x2bytes from the start of the data for the start of the row header, and another 14x2bytes for the column data. There should be no gaps between column, then row, then data.

For 2D maps, obviously you just have columns (or just rows if you prefer to call it rows only).
Freon

Postby jimb0b » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:03 am

now you mention it im sure there are some scales before the map data, have to check when i get home, how do i use this info tho ? do i just start the map offset from here of do i need to add it in somwhere else ?

sorry to sound noobish but its the first time iv used this program.

Thanks
jimb0b

Postby jimb0b » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:20 pm

ok, you were right, there are scales before the maps. How do i go about converting them to rpm, psi, afr etc ? is there a list of formulas anywhere to convert them ?
jimb0b

Postby intrawrx » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:33 pm

RPM/50
intrawrx

Return to Reflashing Software