Why can't I see the maps?

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Why can't I see the maps?

Postby dantman34 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:19 pm

Hey when you load a rom into ecuflash it comes up with all of the parameters on the left side. How come when you click on a map it will say (The current map description is invalid or incomplete. Please edit the map description to fix the problem and the map will be viewable again.)
I don't want to edit the map I just want to see the map. Do I need to see the map? I can see some of the maps with the OSECU stage map but I can't see any of the map with the xpt stage maps.
dantman34

Postby Freon » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Ecuflash doesn't have XML files (descriptors) for all ECU revisions. Try Enguinity.
Freon

Postby dantman34 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:45 pm

So thats ok if you can't see them.

Thanks
dantman34

Re: Why can't I see the maps?

Postby Jon [in CT] » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:02 am

dantman34 wrote:I can see some of the maps with the OSECU stage map but I can't see any of the map with the xpt stage maps.
Open the appropriate OSECU stage map for your ECU in Enginutity. Go to the ROM properties view using View -> filename Properties. Note the Internal ID value and its storage address. Open a copy of your xpt stage ROM using a hex editor (I use the free one at http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/). Change the value at the storage address noted above to match the Internal ID value noted above. Now you can open your modified xpt ROM copy in Enginuity and be able to see and compare its maps with stock ROM maps and OSECU stage maps.
Jon [in CT]

Postby dantman34 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:25 pm

I'm sorry I think you just went way over my head with the hexeditor thing.
I was all good until I loaded the xpt map to the hexeditor. then all I saw was code. Was I supose to load the map into the program? Was I in the wrong program? I did'nt see anywhere I could change the address or ID.
dantman34

Postby Freon » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 pm

It's not at all straight forward... You really need to know what you're doing to use a hexeditor.

Since you paid for it, I'd ask the vendor for support.
Freon

Postby dantman34 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:21 am

well I gess I'll have to start doing my homework then.
Thanks for all your guys help.
dantman34

Return to Reflashing Software