JECS ROM Download

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby azerty » Wed May 09, 2007 8:00 am

this ecu came into my JDM my99 impreza STI type R (just got the car few days ago, still under resistering procedure)

in fact I don't know if it has AVCS, how could I check? it is same engine as standard STI form same year...
azerty

Postby west_minist » Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 am

Check over the cams.

Use the enginuity of so to check too.
west_minist

Postby S54fan » Wed May 09, 2007 10:18 am

Doesn't have AVCS.

AF041 really leans on the knock sensor hard using 98 RON fuel. The P1 (AG340) has exactly the same maps but apparently increased knock sensor sensitivity and they still blow up.

I suggest getting a PowerFC and FC Datalogit. It is inexpensive. The JECS can be temperamental to reflash when I used to do it with Ecutek - leaving you with a doorstop.
S54fan

Postby F25GP » Wed May 09, 2007 11:19 pm

I have a bunch of maps for your type of ECU. The one i'm currently using
on my WRX V6-Ej257 hybrid, is based on AF481 code, with MAF & loads rescalled to handle a GT30 @ 1.5 bar and fuel cut at 1.65 bar. It shoud work fine with your 93 pump gas and 550cc injectors(AFR 11-11.3).
It's an Ecutek map, that i've myself developed, but i'm not sure if your local Ecutek dealer can open it or just flash it, (and you have to pay for his license) otherwise the map is for free from side.
Just to add to S54fan comments, the Jecs Ecu's get fried around the
25th or 30th flash, and i've already "done" two of those! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soon i'll be switching to Denso, as wiring conversion (3plug--->5plug)
is almost finished and the only other thing that needs a swap is the crankshaft sprocket from a late model WRX(i think).
F25GP

Postby b3lha » Thu May 17, 2007 1:16 am

Hi, I'm new here and I am currently trying to reverse engineer the JECS ECU on my 1994 Subaru SVX.

So far I've built an SSM interface and downloaded the entire 64K address space to a file. The ECU is based on the M377xx CPU and I found a disassembler for it as part of the MAME arcade machine emulator project. They have disassemblers for pretty much all the old CPUs.

I am documenting my progress at http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm

I joined this forum because although I understand assembler code, I don't understand fuel injection systems, so I'd welcome any advice on what the different tables and calculations I'm looking at actually represent. If there are any thread on this, please point me at them.

I've seen lots of people here asking about JECS ECUs and I believe that the technique I have used can be applied to others made around that time period. It certainly works on my 1996 Legacy.

Phil.
b3lha

Postby west_minist » Thu May 17, 2007 3:19 am

Thats wonderful
west_minist

Postby ravenhil » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:09 am

cboles wrote:What exact model are you trying to reflash? I have been working on the newer Impreza RS/TS models. Are you trying to relfash 99/00 wrx/stis?

Colby
i have been searching for support for the impreza ts. I did try to pull a hex file from a 06 TS manual transmission but to no avail.
ravenhil

Postby stoooo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:22 am

July bump for *any* new info.

Stuart.
stoooo

Postby stoooo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:29 pm

August bump for *any* new info.

Stuart.
stoooo

Postby jtj 2.5 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:46 am

If anyone needs an ECU to play with I have an extra 2000 RS one.
jtj 2.5

Postby richh » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:05 am

Has anyone had any luck in identifying the specific model of MCU used in these?

I've so-far drawn a blank trying to ID it via the WA1221etc part number on the top of the component, and having had a good look through Mitsu/Renesas' datasheets, I can't even find one with a 160 pin configuration, they all seem to be either 144 pin or 240's.

Any pointers would be most welcome!
richh

Postby ravenhil » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:28 pm

hope to find a way to reflash 02 to 07 SUbaru Impreza TS 1.6L ecus. Waiting eargerly for updates!
ravenhil

Postby stoooo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:24 am

September bump for any updates on this. My Tactrix cable is going stale just sitting there with nothing to do.

Stuart.
stoooo

Postby DannyBoy-Scoobycity » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:30 am

Having just read through this entire thread I'm still left a little confused and still can't find an answer to a seemingly obvious question....

How come Ecut*k can do it?

Another question no one seems to be answering is....

How are people getting the flashes that have already been posted?

I have two 99-00 cars sitting here, both AE802's. one is standard, one is either Prodriv* (PPP) or Ecut*k. I want to get/try the decent map on the standard one.
DannyBoy-Scoobycity

Postby richh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:59 pm

DannyBoy-Scoobycity wrote:Having just read through this entire thread I'm still left a little confused and still can't find an answer to a seemingly obvious question....

How come Ecut*k can do it?

Because Stephen Done (the original brains behind what became Ec*t*k) put in the hard yards and resource to suss it out, and once having done so, decided to make a financial return on the time investment he'd put in.

Where it gets slightly more contentious is that he was, in the early part of his research, posting in an open source Yahoo group. Slightly ironic, if nothing else, in the context of Ec*t*k's subsequent position regarding other open source projects.

How are people getting the flashes that have already been posted?

That's easily done, as mentioned in another thread. Think most of the PC-based clients have options for ROM downloading, but if not you can do it via the A0 "block read" SSM command.

I have two 99-00 cars sitting here, both AE802's. one is standard, one is either Prodriv* (PPP) or Ecut*k. I want to get/try the decent map on the standard one.

If it was as easy as that, we'd all be doing it! Unless something has changed in the recent past, Flash99 (i.e. Ec*t*k) is the only gig in town for updating the stock ECU. Colby (the originator of this site, and the OpenPort interface) was originally going to look into the JECS ECUs after sorting the Denso-based Subarus, but seems to have gone more into the Evo, DBW and other areas.

A few of the rest of us have spent some time on it, but the lack of datasheets for the processor used has made it very difficult to make any progress. I'm starting to think it'd be less hassle and time to design and build an ECU from scratch than it would be to fully reverse engineer the JECS one!
richh

PreviousNext

Return to Reflashing Software