iam done with openecu thank you

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby merchgod » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:05 am

1. If it was Ecutek tuned within the last year or so, you won't be able to read it.
2. If you are using a cable other than the Tactrix it won't work for reading/flashing but may work for logging.
3. You should only turn on your ignition when Ecuflash prompts you to do so, and then when you do, immediately hit the ok button.
merchgod

Postby blue.taxi » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:29 pm

"3. You should only turn on your ignition when Ecuflash prompts you to do so, and then when you do, immediately hit the ok button."

OK. will give 1 more try.... anyway hope the programmer will come out with a better solution... :D
blue.taxi

Postby bchslap » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:00 am

blue.taxi - how'd it go? have you retried it yet?
bchslap

Postby blue.taxi » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:02 pm

bchslap,
Still no lucky w/ it.... can it be the software which only support up to a certain ECU batch / ver.

Hope the program developer will come out a solution soon.

Also will try on a MY04 EDM WRX & a MY05 JDM STI.
blue.taxi

Postby swifty » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:04 am

My car is a JDM 2001 and ecuflash has worked fine with all versions below 1.3. I just installed 1.3 and am having some issues but expect to be able to resolve them easily.

It is most likely a timing issue, I found problems reading from the ecu when I first started but this sequence has always worked:

Connect laptop and tactrix cable to car with laptop booted up.
Switch ignition to accessory position.
Make sure diagnostic connectors are joined (green wires)
Make sure white flash block connector is set to allow flashing
Open ecuflash, click on Read from ECU and message box appears
Click OK on message box then immediately switch ignition to on position.

This should start the ecu read process.

I found that if I didn't turn on the ignition immediately after pressing ok, or if ignition was on before pressing ok, that it would not work.

Hope this helps.
swifty

Postby blue.taxi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:15 am

TQ.. swifty,

which ver of the ecuflash & cable r u using to read your JDM ecu? I'm using the ecuflash 1.3 now.

I will try that on my MY05 EDM WRX later.... but there r so many ver of how can we read the ecu in this forum.

Finally I think is the programmer should come out w/ a better way out for us. As a end user I just need some thing easy to read & flash. Anyway will give them (ecuflash) some time to make it better. :D :D
blue.taxi

Postby swifty » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:37 am

I have the openport v1.2 cable, and have successfully read from and flashed to the ecu using versions 1.28 and 1.29.

1.3 has not worked for me yet, but I only downloaded it last night and tried it quickly this morning before leaving for work, I think I can sort it out later when I get home.
swifty

Postby blue.taxi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:24 pm

I'm using the new 1.3 openport cable. Which hv no problem in logging, but no luck in reading the rom file.
blue.taxi

Postby swifty » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:28 pm

I had been using ver 1.28 on my own laptop with windows xp with no problems for months and ver 1.29 on a work laptop with win2k and this worked first time, again no problems.

On my own laptop I upgraded to 1.3 and have had problems ever since. I even went and uninstalled everything, removed all registry entries I could find, removed shortcuts and menu items and removed the openecu directory. I reinstalled 1.28 and that won't allow me to read or write, the buttons are just greyed out.

I also tryed 1.29. This also had greyed out buttons and a message saying no vehicle interface, as with version 1.3.

After getting bored trying to make it work I opened up ecuexplorer and used the version of ecuflash in there, worked first time.

Obviously there is a fix for ecuflash, but I haven't figured it out yet and wanted to get the new rom on the ecu. I suspect there may be some kind of conflict with some nokia pc sync software that also uses ftdi drivers. I have uninstalled that as well but guess there is something left behind somewhere. I still don't understand why ecuexplorer worked ok though, unless it either uses different drivers or picks a different version of them from somewhere else.

I may try an earlier version of ecuflash, I have 1.22 I think, and that has worked before. I still think it is a pc config issue though, it does not make sense for it to have worked with version 1.28 and now won't work with that version but will work with something else. The cable must be ok as it just worked, the version has worked before so the only other thing it can be is configuration.
swifty

Postby blue.taxi » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:29 pm

That why we all hope the software programmer will look into this problem ASAP.

BTW, for the time being I use a super bike piggy-back AF controller, seem to hv some kick in it, off couse the ecu flaah will be much better.
blue.taxi

Postby wrx_aruba » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 am

Hello blue.taxi?

did you manage to read your roms?

iam gonna try it later when i have a new battery, but i giveup for a few months ill try again and post updates
wrx_aruba

Postby wrx_aruba » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:56 am

Just wanted to update, i finaly managed to read my roms and flash it ;)

If any user reads this thread and needs help just email me or PM me..

Ill do my best to help you...
wrx_aruba

Postby Jon [in CT] » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16 am

wrx_aruba wrote:Just wanted to update, i finaly managed to read my roms and flash it ;)

I thought you were "done with openecu thank you" a year and a half ago. :)

It's great that you've got things working now. Maybe you could post a brief explanation about how you managed to surmount the problems you were having.
Jon [in CT]

Postby jammychap » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:57 am

lateapex31 wrote:So you posted asking for help yesterday, now you are giving up? It's DIY buddy (do it yourself) otherwise you have to pay for it. Have you considered the possibility that your ECU might be an ECUTek unit?

Am I to gather by that that my remapped ecu by ecutec will not be readable by this software ??? and tectrix cable ???
jammychap

Postby C6ect.ect » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:31 am

wrx_aruba wrote:Just wanted to update, i finaly managed to read my roms and flash it ;)

Ill do my best to help you...
WRXAruba, glad to here your flashing! I myself will soon be in Aruba in 48 :D hours

Hoiburg, Natural pool, Radisson hotel HER I COME! YaHOOO
C6ect.ect

PreviousNext

Return to Reflashing Software