Cheksums

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Cheksums

Postby chipman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:06 am

Possibly this question is discussed in some other discussions, but can't find it.
What is about cheksums when using ECUflash (right now with evo8)? Should I correct cheksum or it is done automatically by the ecuflash?
or it is not neccessary to correct it at all?

Sorry if this seems stupid, but I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance!
chipman

Postby chipman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:38 am

did I ask something so silly? :shock:
anyone, please...!
chipman

Postby Freon » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:20 pm

I don't think the EVO has checksum. Only the Subarus, and then only the drive by wire models.

Ecuflash will fix the file if you open it and save it in Ecuflash, or obviously if you do all your tuning in Ecuflash it will handle it. Enguinity also has a map to enable the fix.
Freon

Postby chipman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:31 am

Freon wrote:I don't think the EVO has checksum. Only the Subarus, and then only the drive by wire models.

Ecuflash will fix the file if you open it and save it in Ecuflash, or obviously if you do all your tuning in Ecuflash it will handle it. Enguinity also has a map to enable the fix.

Thanks Freon for answer! Just one more q: what You mean with "Enguinity also has a map to enable the fix"? It should be used if I have another software for editing rom files?
chipman

Postby merchgod » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:31 am

Enginuity doesn't currently support Evos. Evos, as far as I know, don't have any kind of checksum sequence. The only issue is the immobilizer code which will need to be changed if you are physically swapping ecus, otherwise you are good to go.
merchgod

Postby bytestorm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:56 pm

hola

.... when you have changed any engine characteristics ( maps ) in hex windows - without calculating a new checksume you will see that your ecu works....without any trobles. i think there isn´t a checkroutine on the rom inlets ...
bytestorm

Return to Reflashing Software