ECUFlash - Support for USDM 07 WRX?

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Jeramie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:51 am

zigzagzok wrote:
Jeramie wrote:Really?

Hummm. I found the thread from the 07 STI guy and PM'd him but no response yet :( Thanks for the info.

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=1115

this is my thread showing the problem...

thanks.. . . Hope there is a solution at the end of the thread :D
Jeramie

Postby Jeramie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:39 am

Alright, just got the chance to try out my laptop and cable on 06 WRX. Pulled the rom off the car with no problem (So now I know my Hardware is good).

I suppose this leaves two options. . .. . ecuflash doesn't support the 07 WRX or there is "mysterious" white connectors somewhere.
Jeramie

Postby YP » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:44 am

Do you use 1.3 cable?
Do one test. Take a multimeter and check connection between terminals No.3 and No.7 in Taktrix Cable. If it shorted (on schematic it short) - you need to isolate pin 3 or disconnect pin 3 from K-line inside OBD plug during reflashing.
In new subaru (for example STI 06 EDM) when you put vehicale in test mode pin3 grounded. As a result - no data exchange with ECU.
YP

Postby merchgod » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:24 am

Maybe check behind the plastic piece that is secured by the push pin in the carpet on the right side also. It might not be white.
merchgod

Postby Jeramie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:04 pm

merchgod wrote:Maybe check behind the plastic piece that is secured by the push pin in the carpet on the right side also. It might not be white.

Checked left and righ sides. Along with under the dash on both sides with a flash light and me lying on my back under the dash . .. . . . .I'm not seeing anything anywhere.

Only place left is under the plate where the ecu is mounted. (I already pulled up carpet to the point I could see plate . . .just didn't remove yet).
Jeramie

Postby Jeramie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:14 pm

YP wrote:Do you use 1.3 cable?
Do one test. Take a multimeter and check connection between terminals No.3 and No.7 in Taktrix Cable. If it shorted (on schematic it short) - you need to isolate pin 3 or disconnect pin 3 from K-line inside OBD plug during reflashing.
In new subaru (for example STI 06 EDM) when you put vehicale in test mode pin3 grounded. As a result - no data exchange with ECU.

Not sure which cable I have. I had the orgional cable (first cable, 1.0?1.1?), which I swaped for the second cable with a friend..... I think it's a 1.2 (before Colby offered flash connectors). I have another friend, who got the cable with flash connectors (I just called him after your post), I should be getting his cable tommarrow to test. (It would really be great if it was that simple :D )

As far as the test goes. I assume you mean test for cont. between pins 3 and 7?

When you say isolate the pin? You mean Remove?
Jeramie

Postby YP » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:41 am

2 Jeramie: 1.2 always has this connection.
see OBDII plug on schematic http://forums.openecu.org/download.php?id=129. Try to disconnect pin3 from K line with any possible method.
YP

Postby Jeramie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:12 am

YP wrote:2 Jeramie: 1.2 always has this connection.
see OBDII plug on schematic http://forums.openecu.org/download.php?id=129. Try to disconnect pin3 from K line with any possible method.

Sorry for all the q's just want to make sure I'm clear. . . . .

"disconnect pin 3 from K-line inside OBD plug during reflashing"

Do you really mean at some point during the flash it needs to be disconnected or I can just "isolate" it permently.?

Is pin 3 needed to log (I can't read the schematics, way over my head)?

Oh and thanks for the help/ideas!
Jeramie

Postby YP » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:05 am

you can do it permanently. Pin 3 not needed for logging. I don't understand the meaning of this connection. May be cboles answer on this question?
YP

Postby Jeramie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:11 am

YP wrote:you can do it permanently. Pin 3 not needed for logging. I don't understand the meaning of this connection. May be cboles answer on this question?

Yeah me to! I e-mailed colby with a link to the thread hoping he would take a look and at least offer some input! I suppose I expect too much :(

I try isolating pin3 and see what happens. Thanks again for the suggestions!
Jeramie

Postby Jeramie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:38 am

WOW! I thought these were snap togethor hoods (They are Gluded togethor).
Jeramie

Postby Jeramie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:54 am

OK Pin 3 removed. Datalogging still works. But still won't read the ecu image. :(

Really starting to wish they had an 06 left on the lot :(
Jeramie

Postby Jeramie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 am

Bump for Colby's help!
Jeramie

Postby cboles » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:26 pm

I wish I could be more help. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a 07 car yet. It looks like the car is not responding all to the ssm init command while in the test mode... It sounds like it does while not in the test mode, since logging works. Maybe I can try giving you a version that doesn't do the ssm init, and see if it the rest of the reflash sequence still works... It would be nice to get the log from the working 07 STi reflash to see what happens there.

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby zigzagzok » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:27 am

cboles wrote:I wish I could be more help. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a 07 car yet. It looks like the car is not responding all to the ssm init command while in the test mode... It sounds like it does while not in the test mode, since logging works. Maybe I can try giving you a version that doesn't do the ssm init, and see if it the rest of the reflash sequence still works... It would be nice to get the log from the working 07 STi reflash to see what happens there.

Colby

hi there i dont mind being a beta tester as well :=P...
zigzagzok

PreviousNext

Return to Reflashing Software