05 LGT writing errors

User topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

05 LGT writing errors

Postby zuczek » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:11 am

Hi,

I was able to flash the ECU about 3-4 times previously using borrowed 1.2 cable. I ordered my own cable. When I plugged it in, it detected it as Subaru 1.3 cable. Ok. I selected a new image to flash. I did a test flash. It went OK. I then flashed the ECU. About half way through, I noticed a WRITING ERROR notices. It finished but gave me a warrning to "DO NOT POWER THE CAR OFF" RETRY FLASHING. I re-tried flashing and it went throught. I got kinda freeked out so I went ahead and flashed the stock ecu image to it. This time again, I got the WRITING ERRORS so I had to re-try. It finished fine this time. Car started ok as well.

What could be wrong?
zuczek

Postby m3n0ch3 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:06 am

looks like a crappy connection somewhere,

double check connection on obdII port and to your laptop

perhaps try again with borrowed cable.. if it works fine, ask for a new cable.
m3n0ch3

Postby bmorrisj » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:15 am

make sure your not have the same problem i was... the metal sheathing on the cable became exposed and every time the cable wiggled it would come in contact with the board inside and i would lose the device in windows.... i taped up the sheathing and all was well...
bmorrisj

Postby zuczek » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:32 pm

I tried flashing again today and I'l totally screwed. Car won't start. It said that "Flash completed" and all CRCs were ok but now it can't find the kernel. Had to get the car towed.. Hopefully I can get this fixed somehow.
zuczek

Postby swiffly » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:03 am

ok i have had the same problem but i got a check light too. anyways i found a fix that worked for me.

what i noticed was that when u change too many things eg. fueling, timing boost and speedcut at the same time then flash them in, it gives me the error.

so what i do is change them one at a time and then flash. SO do fueling changes then flash, start the car to check for good work order - timing changes then flash, start the car to check for good work order - boost changes then flash, start the car to check for good work order

it takes up a lot more time but it works and the car responds to the tuning.

the next thing is the voltage drop. i noticed that when i was doing my routine boost flash like the above, i got the error again. the only thing i did different was to turn on the headlights while flashing. so when i tried again without doing anything that would alter the voltage or turn on any light, radio etc. it worked.

my 2 cents, hope it helps
swiffly

Return to Reflashing Software