Here's a beta of the command line reflashing tool

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

Postby Spiider » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:16 pm

In order to make a good tuning program that can recognise the great number of ecu types, we need the library of ecu dumps so that we can get every type of ecu's locations figured out. This is why I have been imploring everyone to get off the couch and get out to the driveway and spend the 10 minutes it takes to setup and dump the rom and then post it online.

Right now we have a good backup and restore utility. (And the ability to copy another ecu tuning into another ecu.)
Spiider

Postby west_minist » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:24 pm

Ok.

When I find some time, I will send my JDM MY00 NA
west_minist

Newbie Friendly Zip package

Postby Spiider » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:56 pm

OK, I sat down and created a "launcher" program and a zip package for newbies to make it easier to get working on dumping.

All you need to do is unzip the program to "c:\openecu\".

Then run the "ecuflash gui v2.exe " program I've created and you should have no problems hopefully.

Version 2 supports the ecuflash command line functions "/dq /ci /fi /tfi".

Logging of the command sent is done to "command.txt"

Logging of the ecuflash output is automatically done to "log.txt".
Attachments
openecu v2.zip
(53.16 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
Last edited by Spiider on Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Spiider

Postby DaveImpreza » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:34 pm

Spiider wrote:In order to make a good tuning program that can recognise the great number of ecu types, we need the library of ecu dumps so that we can get every type of ecu's locations figured out. This is why I have been imploring everyone to get off the couch and get out to the driveway and spend the 10 minutes it takes to setup and dump the rom and then post it online.

Right now we have a good backup and restore utility. (And the ability to copy another ecu tuning into another ecu.)

The problem is not dumping, is building the cable :))
DaveImpreza

Postby Spiider » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:24 am

I don't understand people's obsession with building a cable when such a good one is available for sale for so cheap right here on this site. The cable is the most uninteresting part of this project now.

I couldn't build the same cable for anywhere near as cheaply as Colby is selling them for.

To each his own though...
Spiider

Postby west_minist » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:41 am

Hey Spiider!

I tried the reflash with no results.

I did paly around w/ it much since it was late into the night.

My model is a jdm my00. not a wrx.

I will try the cli later this week.
west_minist

Postby Nemis » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:58 am

Spiider wrote:I don't understand people's obsession with building a cable ...

openEcu = OpenSource? why someone can't spent his time to do the cable?
do it yourself :-D

maybe someone must go to some other for free- reflash? i hope no.
Nemis

You can, but...

Postby bofh » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:39 pm

Colby got a bulk price for the parts, and is not making much, if anything. On a single order basis, you would have a hard time building it for the same price. However, the schematic is posted if you want to. I had a purchased ODB2 reader, and a home built. I bought one because it is a very clean design for the same price it would cost me to build.
bofh

Postby Spiider » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:50 pm

Hey west_minist, I don't think you can dump your my2000 ecu with this software.
Spiider

Postby scoobdude » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:03 pm

so quick question. all this program is doing is storing an image of waht is on the ECU correct? so since i am running a cob stage 2 would anything happen if i were to save the image without unmaring? :oops:
scoobdude

Postby cmj » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:34 pm

scoobdude wrote:so quick question. all this program is doing is storing an image of waht is on the ECU correct? so since i am running a cob stage 2 would anything happen if i were to save the image without unmaring? :oops:

Use cobb AP to flash, then dump flashed rom to laptop, then unmarry and then take dumped rom and reflash ecu. Might be some legal issues here if that works.
cmj

Postby DaveImpreza » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:29 pm

Spiider wrote:I don't understand people's obsession with building a cable when such a good one is available for sale for so cheap right here on this site. The cable is the most uninteresting part of this project now.

I couldn't build the same cable for anywhere near as cheaply as Colby is selling them for.

To each his own though...

The fact is that i'm interested to provide to you the dump of my STi2002 EU/UK prodrive ECU. But since there is no Loan-service for the cable, i don't want to spend 90$ (with shipping costs) for just a dump. I'm not interested in flashing,too much risk for the engine, i want only help the group openecu for future projects.

Or..if anyone come in Europe for holidays, call me, take your cable and i give you access to my ecu :)
DaveImpreza

Postby scoobdude » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:25 am

cmj wrote:
scoobdude wrote:so quick question. all this program is doing is storing an image of waht is on the ECU correct? so since i am running a cob stage 2 would anything happen if i were to save the image without unmaring? :oops:

Use cobb AP to flash, then dump flashed rom to laptop, then unmarry and then take dumped rom and reflash ecu. Might be some legal issues here if that works.

i completely agree. i have an AP cuz i wish to support the company. however this question was posed just so i could understand if the loader was harmful to the image on there. reason why i was confused about the dump util is for instance with the psp you can dump the UMDs. However this is an unwritable format as of now so there are no worries. The ECU however is not (since it can be flashed) and was worried for my self and otheres that the original image could have been harmed and my investment null and void.

Please also understand this was just a hypothetical question and I will in no way give out cobb proprietary information. street tuner will be purchased soon, along with bigger injectors to support the ion stage 1 turbo. Cobb has supported their product very well and i will contiune to support them (especially from a hardware stand point)

sorry for the long post, but just wanted to make my stand clear.
scoobdude

4eat ecu's

Postby engr » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:08 pm

Are there any differences in 4EAT ECU's compared to 5MT? If I get images from 5mts will it work on a 4EAT?
engr

Postby Jeramie » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:22 am

I currently have an 04. I went out and got my self a spare 02 (which was intended to swap out the 04 ECU to get rid of the Ol/CL delay. Problem is a I got a very early revision of the ECU and apparnetly it had problems (TSB's showed the dealers were reflashing the ECU to fix the CEL). Can I take a newer 02 map and flash it onto my 02 ECU to work with my 04? (I really didn't want to tinker with my stock ECU).
Jeramie

PreviousNext

Return to OpenECU Software