05 LGT reading problem

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

Postby Nuked » Fri May 26, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks for checking into it. Atleast I know it wasn't user error.

FWIW - I had the LGT flashed by SOA last week due to some problems, so I would assume this is the most current rom for that car. That is if I am understanding all this correctly lol. Back to reading.

Again, thank you.

Jason
Nuked

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Sat May 27, 2006 7:54 am

Most likely the latest 05 code that Subaru has is what got flashed. What sort of problems did you have?
JRSCCivic98

Postby Nuked » Sat May 27, 2006 8:40 am

Where do I start.. lol

rough idle, the "studder" problem. The re-flash did not solve these issues, although it did help a little (idle is smoother, still rough compared to most cars. Studder is still evident. It also threw a CEL, not sure what the code was though. I am guessing it is the one that seemed to be pretty common with the LGT.

Lastly, the car would not start one night when leaving work. SOA towed it to the dealer, and they linked it to a connector on the bellhousing that got moisture in it. Repaired and has been fine since. (had something to do with the DBW).

Honestly, ever since I read the rom on the LGT, it has idled better, ran better everything seems much better. My guess was it reset the ecu when I did this? At any rate, I am going to try a new gas station in hopes I was getting bad quality gas. Maybe it was picking up knock and running reduced timing and had the fuel trims out of whack? I dunno. Will see how it does.

I could probably find out just about anything regarding the new flashes from SOA. My friend is the service advisor there. If that would help anyone.

Sorry to get so long winded, but if it helps anyone else it's worth it.
Last edited by Nuked on Sat May 27, 2006 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuked

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Sat May 27, 2006 3:03 pm

Yes, reading the ecu will cause a reset to happen. I vote for better gas as well. Find something reputable... maybe even a newer station if possible.
JRSCCivic98

Previous

Return to OpenECU Software