ECUflash on mobile phone

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

ECUflash on mobile phone

Postby asstatine » Wed May 23, 2012 6:47 am

so here is a crazy idea that I have been pondering. With the ability of applications on smart phones to be created by users has anyone thought of a way to turn ECUflash into a mobile app. All of the map creating would still be done on the computer but the ability to flash the ecu would now be accessible via the phone. My idea would be that the computer can sync maps with the phone when connected to the computer and thats how the maps could be put onto the phone. The hardware part wouldn't be hard to convert since the tactrix cable is usb base so only a usb adapter would be needed and possible in the future tactrix could design a bluetooth enabled device to flash the ecu. I am curious how hard it would be to convert the actual ECUflash software to a mobile phone app. anythoughts on how to do this? I would try to create my own application but I am not at a full understanding of tuning yet or creating mobile phone apps.
asstatine

Re: ECUflash on mobile phone

Postby Wiretap » Wed May 23, 2012 1:23 pm

You won't be flashing anything without the kernel, and probably not without source code either. 'OpenECU Software' is closed source which kinda prevents that :/
Wiretap

Re: ECUflash on mobile phone

Postby radsdau » Wed May 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Even more than that, I'd never trust reflashing a Subaru vehicle over a wireless connection. As good as it can be, I don't trust the reliability. I'd bet the instances of bricked ECUs would go through the roof.
radsdau

Return to OpenECU Software