Is there a way to "reflash" OpenPort (after 1.43)?

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

Is there a way to "reflash" OpenPort (after 1.43)?

Postby Givik » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 pm

After installing EcuFlash 1.43.3150b it somehow reflashed my OpenPort device (I saw a progress bar, it was kind a firmware update or something like this). But now I rolled back to 1.42 version, so is there a way to reflash my OpenPort device firmware to its previous condition (as it was before update to 1.43)? The reason is that although it still works perfectly with EcuFlash 1.42, I got some bugs when working with another software.
Thanks.
Givik

Re: Is there a way to "reflash" OpenPort (after 1.43)?

Postby Yaro » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:23 am

Guys, is there any way to go back to old version of tactrix adapter and ecuflash 1.42 ? The problem is that 1.43 crashes all the time on my PC
Yaro

Postby radsdau » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:44 pm

I've heard that you can't go back to 1.42 once you've used 1.43. There are several fixes that make it 'better'.
If 1.43 crashes for you, it's most likely a driver conflict or a rom meta data problem. Uninstall any OP2 driver installations and try a fresh install of ECUFlash.
radsdau

Postby mekkis » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 am

Well, when the problem is that your OP2.0 no long works, at all, after upgrading to 1.43, how do I make that "better"?

I've tried three laptops equipped with 7, Vista, and three different flavors of XP. Will not find init on an Evo8 with flash connector unplugged, gives J2534 error [ERR_TIMEOUT] with it plugged in. I upgraded because of occasional usbser.sys BSD while logging with EvoScan midway through tuning the car.
mekkis

Postby radsdau » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Does the PC find the USB device? And does it appear in the bottom-right of the ECUFlash window? If so, it's probably not a driver issue.

My OP2 cable has a dead chip inside that prevents it outputting the 17/18V signal (or any other voltage such as the 5V Subaru 'LEC/L-Line'). This makes it practically useless for Mitusbishi and 01/02 style WRXs. I've tried other OP2 cables and they're fine; mine definitely has a hardware problem. It is one of the early revisions, and I believe Tactrix have used different chips on later revisions. They also were not keen to help me fix it myself.

Perhaps that is happening to you... if so, I can suggest no solution but to get another one. Try another from a 'friend' first to make sure that's what it is, of course.

Or be brave and reverse engineer the circuit on the OP2 cable, find the dead chip, and replace it. Good luck.

:)
radsdau

Return to OpenECU Software