ECU Bricked? 07 LGT SB

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

ECU Bricked? 07 LGT SB

Postby BoostinFC » Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Ok, so after a couple successful flashes and logging today, I update to the ecuflash beta version so I can try logging with just the pod. Not sure if the software update was a bad idea, but it failed mid-flash on the next write. Multiple attempts and the same thing. Now the "S" Blinks on the dash (for "sport"), I cant read, write, or anything. When I try to, it reads out the VIN properly, but then reads the ECU ID as FFFFFFFF, and it fails. I believe that, since it still reads out the VIN, that the ECU is o.k. Is there a way to over-ride ecuFLASH to write the ROM anyway, regardless of the ECU ID? Or is that not why it faults? Any help would be appreciated, this is my daily driver. Thanks!

-Dead in the water
Matt
BoostinFC

Re: ECU Bricked? 07 LGT SB

Postby radsdau » Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm

That is new to me. If you hadn't mentioned the bit about the VIN I'd have said the ECU is definitely bricked. I am wondering if the VIN is coming from some other CAN device apart from the ECU? (I don't know how VIN read works).
I've learned recently that the bottom 2 flash blocks on Subaru ECUs contain bootloaders (ECUFlash no longer allows rewriting of these blocks). However I've seen an ECU with these 2 blocks intact and bad flash elsewhere and ECUFlash doesn't know what to do with it. Sounds similar to the problem you're facing.
I'd like to know if you find a solution other than ECU recovery using SHBootMode.
Good luck!
radsdau
radsdau

Re: ECU Bricked? 07 LGT SB

Postby BoostinFC » Tue May 10, 2011 8:24 am

Still no response from the ECU. Shipped to tactrix.
BoostinFC

Return to OpenECU Software