Beta EcuFlash V1.23 with editing

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

Beta EcuFlash V1.23 with editing

Postby cboles » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:10 pm

[edit] - made a fix in flipx/flipy/flipxy functionality - now at rev. 1.22
[edit] - made some UI improvements and fixed a problem with the '04 DBW reflash - now at rev 1.23

First, let me say that this is BETA software with insufficent testing by me - which is why I'm posting in hopes that I can get some people to test it out :). This version of EcuFlash allows you to edit maps, and I'd love to have some people volunteer to try it out and let me know if they find any problems. I have most of the correct offsets programmed in for the 2002 WRX ROM A4SGD10C which can be found here:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=63

Playing with this ROM can serve as a good example of how to setup the ROM definitions as well as be a quick way to load something and try the editing features out.

Here are some of the editing features I have added in this version:

* user selectable color legends in the options menu
* cut and paste to Excel and between maps
* multiple selection using click, drag, ctrl-click, etc.
* cell highlighting to show changes from original ROM
* infinite undo / redo on a per map basis (might limit this in the future if memory becomes a problem)
* increment / decrement (amount is defined in the scalings)
* 1% increase / decrease (may have no effect if the display equation is too granular)
* set / add / multiply (you can actually enter arbitrary equations as a function of "d" at the "set" prompt - e.g. d="d*2+1")
* horizontal / vertical / 2-D interpolation
* revert selected area to original values

Please give it a try and let me know what you think...

Colby
Attachments
ecuflash_setup123a.rar
EcuFlash V1.23
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 849 times
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (92.56 KiB) Viewed 7326 times
Last edited by cboles on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby jak » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 am

do I need to convert to 160KB files for the editor to recognize maps?
I tried every file I could & couldent seem to get it to work
thanks so much once again
JAK
jak

Postby cboles » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:21 am

No. Can you be more specific as to what happens when you load these files versus what you are expecting to happen? Keep in mind that I haven't set up the map deifintions for any other ROMs that the one mentioned above. I will probably try to write/adapt a converter for the data Calvin published.

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby jak » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:04 am

Oh I see
I will DL the rom above
I was expecting it to recognize whatever I loaded onto it
dude you guys SW is so much easier to use then what Im acustomed to using :-) its kinda like tuning for dummies LOL (no offence anyone)
Ive had to work so hard for every system Ive learned & I am so thankful for you & this site for hewlping so much with the subaru stuff
you guys are great
thanks
JAK
jak

Postby crispyduck » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:30 am

Colby,

This new beta release is looking very promising. Before I play too much can you let me know what part of this software is 'very beta'. Is it only the new map editting functions?

I've been happily reflashing with the previous version (non-editting version) and would like to know if it's still safe to perform simple read & reflash operations using this new version.

Cheers,
-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby cboles » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:03 am

It's just the map editing functions. Even those functions are somewhat reliable in a WYSIWYG sense. Whenever you make a change to a cell, it changes the underlying ROM representation, and then redraws the cell based on the ROM data, so you can be pretty sure that you are getting the changes you are expecting. Like any map editor, your changes are only as good as the map definitions, so you have to be sure the formulas and addresses are correct.

I'm not sure where any bugs are at this point (or I would have fixed them), but it's possible the application could crash or fail to edit something in the way you expect, but like I said, that should be visually obvious. One thing that is missing at this point is that there is no interlock to prevent you from editing maps that are in the process of being reflashed. Obviously, that is a no-no.

I'll add a 2-D / 3-D grapher very soon - it should be fairly simple to do.

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby treefrogaz » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:19 am

I tried to edit my map on the ecuflash and it will not work it says "The current map description is invalid or incomlpete. Please edit the map description to fix the proble and the mp will be viewable again." is there a def file i need to add or something.
treefrogaz

Postby New2Scoobs » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 am

treefrogaz wrote:I tried to edit my map on the ecuflash and it will not work it says "The current map description is invalid or incomlpete. Please edit the map description to fix the proble and the mp will be viewable again." is there a def file i need to add or something.

"Keep in mind that I haven't set up the map deifintions for any other ROMs that the one mentioned above. I will probably try to write/adapt a converter for the data Calvin published. Colby"

If you're not using the ROM mentioned at the top of this page then I reckon the answer to your question is yes :wink:
New2Scoobs

Return to OpenECU Software