Moderator: Freon

Postby Jeramie » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:44 pm

Freon wrote:

(dancing banana goes here)

HAHA thats funny!!!
Jeramie

Postby jak » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:18 pm

I realy want to see this but neither of my computers will open this aplication
what are you guys using? am I missing something? do I need to buy a rar aplication to open it?
both machines arerunning XP
thanks in advance
JAK
jak

Postby Edward » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:10 am

Jak, .rar files are compressed (like .zip), I used the top link on this page:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Cheers

Edward.
Edward

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:08 am

Can I send you my OpenPort 1.0 and get it upgraded?
JRSCCivic98

Postby jamesohoh7 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:56 am

dumb question perhaps, but can this new release be used with a Cobb AP interface cable to just read my car's ROM (USDM '05 STi)? In light of the OpenPort 1.2 cable requirement, I'm wondering about the Cobb one?

I'm not interested in reflashing my ECU just yet, I just want to get a ROM dump right now. If I can do that reliably w/an AP cable, I will do so.

I am searching for a FAQ that addresses this, sorry if this has been answered... but I got so hyped when I saw this announcement, I had to ask immediately if not sooner :)

Thanks!, killer work, kudos to all!

-James
jamesohoh7

Postby cboles » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:38 pm

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Can I send you my OpenPort 1.0 and get it upgraded?

The 1.0 (or any of the newer designs) can't be upgraded. The 1.2 is a totally different design, and the glued case has to be sacrificed to get at the board, so really all that can be recycled by "upgrading" the 1.0 to a 1.2 is the USB cable...

I should be able to provide lower speed 1.0 support in the future when I upgrade all of the kernels to be variable baud rate. The time frame on that is uncertain. Email me and I can get you a 1.2 at a discount instead if you want something now.

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:41 pm

common, but not a dumb question :)

the Cobb cable will not work because the baud rate cannot be controlled properly (a serial port issue, not a cable issue), and because the STi version of the software uses a high baud rate which is probably too fast for that cable.

Colby

jamesohoh7 wrote:dumb question perhaps, but can this new release be used with a Cobb AP interface cable to just read my car's ROM (USDM '05 STi)? In light of the OpenPort 1.2 cable requirement, I'm wondering about the Cobb one?

I'm not interested in reflashing my ECU just yet, I just want to get a ROM dump right now. If I can do that reliably w/an AP cable, I will do so.

I am searching for a FAQ that addresses this, sorry if this has been answered... but I got so hyped when I saw this announcement, I had to ask immediately if not sooner :)

-James
cboles
Site Admin

Postby jamesohoh7 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:56 pm

cboles wrote:common, but not a dumb question :)

the Cobb cable will not work because the baud rate cannot be controlled properly (a serial port issue, not a cable issue), and because the STi version of the software uses a high baud rate which is probably too fast for that cable.

Colby

jamesohoh7 wrote:dumb question perhaps, but can this new release be used with a Cobb AP interface cable to just read my car's ROM (USDM '05 STi)? In light of the OpenPort 1.2 cable requirement, I'm wondering about the Cobb one?

-James

doh!... yeah, just found that out too... I went ahead and tried it... I got some kind of error about ftd2xx.dll then it did some challange-response stuff, then it got to 'validating denso kernel ram area...' and bailed out.

Oh well, no worries. I am going to canvas my friends and see if anyone already has the 1.2 cable.
jamesohoh7

Postby Freon » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:51 pm

I tried the new ecuflash tonight, posted my rom over in the USDM STI forum. Gunna try to upload a modified boost map first. :)
Freon

Postby jak » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:53 pm

ak, .rar files are compressed (like .zip), I used the top link on this [quote]

I actually had trouble with that, couldent get it to work mabey not as smart as I think I am :-)
I used java to open the jar file from the other SW developer for the roo tuning
thanks for your help I sureley apriciate it
take caer & have a great weekend
JAK
jak

Postby Justin 05 STi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:47 am

Wonderful! Just completed the download and will hopefully have a USDM 05 STi image to upload over the weekend. Thanks so much,

Justin
Justin 05 STi

Postby Jaxx » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:19 am

well it seemed to work
produced a 1024k file
but identified my lgt as an auto not a manual
Jaxx

Postby KGreb » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:20 pm

Not getting a ROM dump here, just an error message. OpenPort 1.2, '05 LGT.
10 lines of "ssm2_init" then "kernel get version" then "validating denso kernel ram area addr: FFFF0000 len: 0008" followed by a pop up error.
Any ideas?

EDIT- Just tried on our '04 FXT and it worked, so hardware/software setup seems to be ok. Must be something with this particular ECU.
KGreb

Postby cboles » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:59 pm

I only had an ECU on the bench when I made that definition. I might have got it wrong, or both auto/man have the same ROM image.

Jaxx wrote:well it seemed to work
produced a 1024k file
but identified my lgt as an auto not a manual
Last edited by cboles on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:01 pm

Maybe that ECU doesn't like the init commands? I had it on the bench and thought that was working OK though. What if you don't connect the init connector? Will it respond to the init commands (but not the rest of the sequence)?

Colby

KGreb wrote:Not getting a ROM dump here, just an error message. OpenPort 1.2, '05 LGT.
10 lines of "ssm2_init" then "kernel get version" then "validating denso kernel ram area addr: FFFF0000 len: 0008" followed by a pop up error.
Any ideas?

EDIT- Just tried on our '04 FXT and it worked, so hardware/software setup seems to be ok. Must be something with this particular ECU.
cboles
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to OpenECU Software