'Injector Latency' [32-Bit ECUs ONLY]

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

'Injector Latency' [32-Bit ECUs ONLY]

Postby fasterthanurwrx » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:09 am

'Injector Latency' [32-Bit ECUs ONLY]- A more accurate conversion was determined for injector latency. This should be closer to most injector manufacturer's published latency values, although because there is no standard in testing, there still can be wide variances that will require further tuning. Note that this new conversion may not be the same as commercial tuning software, so you should verify this if you are going to use their "recommended" latency values. Change is also reflected in the latest logger definitions.

Hey I was wondering if anyone has trying tuning larger injectors with this different latency conversion.
fasterthanurwrx

Postby merchgod » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:46 am

tuning, in relative terms, is unchanged with the new conversion and updating to the newer defs does not change the underlying raw ECU value. The only difference is how the value is presented to you in the editor, which would impact what your starting point would be when tuning new injectors (i.e. starting with inj manufacturer's published latency values). Regardless of new/old conversion, you will always need to do further tweaking of latency from ANY published value.
merchgod

Postby fasterthanurwrx » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:28 pm

merchgod wrote:tuning, in relative terms, is unchanged with the new conversion and updating to the newer defs does not change the underlying raw ECU value. The only difference is how the value is presented to you in the editor, which would impact what your starting point would be when tuning new injectors (i.e. starting with inj manufacturer's published latency values). Regardless of new/old conversion, you will always need to do further tweaking of latency from ANY published value.

I have a STi w/ 950cc injectors + a BIG MAF and was able to get the MAF scaled pretty good for open loop, but was having major issues with the car in closed loop during anything other than idle.

Unfortunately I was never able to finish the tune because my rear diff blew up and I'm now just getting the car put back together.
Well I can't wait to get back on the dyno and make some changes and see what happens.
fasterthanurwrx

Return to OpenECU Software